Upload your CV
Upload your CV to our database.
Analyst – Grocery Retailer
– Culture of learning, development and promotion
– Variety of project work, partnering with FMCG suppliers and wider retail stakeholders
– Great opportunity for 2nd or 3rd job!
– Advanced technical analytics environment and data science community
Location: London / wfh 3 days per week
Salary: £35k – £45k plus 10% bonus
Our client has one of the most established, mature and advanced analytics functions in the grocery retail industry. As one of the first major players to embrace and successfully roll out a loyalty card scheme, their heritage in data driven decision making makes for an amazing learning environment.
Working amongst a huge data community, and in turn a specialized analytics function, you have the opportunity to diversify, grow and develop both your technical and softer skills, leveraging their advanced training and development programmes. They offer individuals opportunity to grow in different directions and realise ambitions they might not have had the chance to do so before.
Reporting into the Analytics Manager – someone who joined as a junior and has grown himself through the ranks over the years), you will support the ongoing measurement of campaign activity for brand suppliers, providing insights and recommendations on improved customer targeting, pricing, promotions and engagement strategies with customers, as well as getting involved in ad hoc projects across the wider business where loyalty data and insights can be used to help solve broader business questions and challenges.
Example projects include building segmentations, automating campaign evaluation, working with internal stakeholders in the insight consultancy division to collaborate on retail analytics projects, helping to frame ideas, all whilst nurturing your softer skills in working in a business facing capacity.
Technically they use SQL to extract data and R and Python for modelling and statistical analysis, building code and tools, plus Microstrategy and Tableau for data visualization.
· Educated to at degree level in a numerate subject: Mathematics, Machine Learning, Computer Science, Statistics, Chemistry, Physics, Engineering etc.
· A strong background in customer insight and marketing analytics, and ideally modelling, is required for this role
· Ability to work with data from multiple sources, including digital, to provide robust solutions and insights
· Excellent skills with either Python or R AND SQL
· Passionate about embedding data at the heart of decision making, driving insights led thinking
· Some experience in stakeholder management and a desire to work in a business facing capacity