Upload your CV
Upload your CV to our database.
Customer Analyst – UK Retailer
£35k – £50k plus bonus
Very flexible hybrid working policy (main office, London)
Working amongst a growing and ambitious group of digital and data experts, we have multiple roles due to significant growth and digital transformation across all category areas for this national retailer.
You will join at a point of positive change, and huge investment into the use of data to drive growth and market share, ensuring your role has REAL meaning and impact on a daily basis.
As their data community grows at pace, you will work closely with your counterparts in data science, analytics and digital, to deliver insights led analytical solutions and projects. We are considering candidates from junior through to mid-range, so if you have an insights led approach to your analytics, we want to hear from you! We’re keeping an open mind to those who might have started their career in reporting and want to focus more on modelling and data science, as well as those who have already established a career in marketing or customer analytics.
The technical environment is cloud based (Azure) and SQL and Python are used in house for analytics and modelling; although any variant on this combo of skills and exposure will be considered (GCP, AWS and R). You will eventually need to apply a wide variety of advanced statistical analytical techniques in the form of regression, clustering, forecasting, CRM analysis, building dashboards and propensity modelling.
Lastly, the people – always one of the biggest factors in anyone’s decision to move, and the teams and senior leadership here don’t disappoint! You will be surrounded by exceptional data talent and led by your manager and supported by other senior leaders from some of the most forward thinking, data led businesses in the UK.
Skills and experience required:
· Educated to degree level or higher in a numerate subject; Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Operational Research, Physics, Chemistry, Engineering or Computer Science).
· An advanced user of SQL and Python.
· Exposure to data visualisation tools and building out engaging dashboards using PowerBI, Qlik, Looker, Tableau or similar
· Experienced in mining large and complex customer data sets – both structured and unstructured.
· Experience of employing both simple and complex statistical and data science techniques (e.g. forecasting, regression, clustering etc) to solve business problems and answer business questions.
· A background in customer or marketing analytics is essential, ideally specifically CRM or loyalty.
· Experience within a retail environment is highly desirable.
· Experience in running testing and measurement processes in digital environment also desirable.