Role: Data Governance Manager
End: 2020- likely to extend/go permanent
Day rate: £300 via LTD
Salt are working with a FTSE 100 company to help build out their digital team to be better positioned to be at the forefront of Digital Marketing.
They are focussing on Digital Precision Marketing- leveraging data to ensure they are communicating with their billions of customers in the right way and at the right time.
The next step in the development of this team is to bring in a Data Governance Manager to support the business in driving global & local standards on data collection, privacy related obligations, & establish an authentic source of consumer data.
This is a brand new role, acting as the Marketing focused counterbalance to the Data Privacy Compliance manager in the legal department, acting as the single point of contact for all information & queries related to data in the marketing cluster.
The main thrust of the role:
- Ensure that the markets are able to collect and use rich, relevant, and legally compliant data for marketing.
- Act as the conduit between Global Consumer Data Governance, Global Privacy Legal, and local market-based Data Governance Leads to ensure that global standards are deployed within marketing processes, technology eco-systems and third-party processing activities.
- 2-3 years of experience in working within digital and data marketing functions ideally in monitoring and reporting performance;
- Understanding of consumer data and its use in Data Driven Marketing, and the technologies which underpin it;
- Understanding of the end to end Consumer Data Lifecycle: data collection, profiling, cloud storage, CRM platforms, and architecture;
- Understanding of privacy issues and data marketing technologies and solutions.
- Working Knowledge of data protection and privacy and new laws and regulations including the GDPR, e-Privacy Directive, etc.;
- Working knowledge of Data Security and its application within a marketing business;
- Ability to coordinate and collaborate through a virtual organisation;
Available at a short notice and sound like your sort of role? Hit apply, or send your CV to Agee @ welovesalt . com now!
Drive Standards and Best Practise:
- Adapt and customise global data governance and privacy standards for local markets to meet local regulations and local marketing goals;
- Build a clear view of data ownership in the market, which clarifies the roles and responsibilities of data custodians, processors, analysts, advisors, users, and third-party providers;
- Work with global teams (Data Governance, Privacy, IT, ETS, UC) to create repeatable processes and tools which can be leveraged by markets.
- Act as the champion for driving global capabilities and tools.
Develop Privacy and Governance Controls:
- Determine specific technical controls required to protect data from accidental or deliberate misuse;
- Analyse and evaluate new data processing activities from a privacy and data optimisation perspective;
- Work with local data leaders to frame and shape a data strategy with specific inputs on governance controls.
- Support markets to overcome challenges and open opportunities to drive data-marketing locally.
Advisory and Ongoing Support:
- Provide expert technical and procedural advice and solutions to data governance and management challenges.
- Analyse upcoming regulation with global and local privacy teams and legal teams to determine the risk assessed position for compliance;
- Act as a main point of contact for data governance issues to the centralised business, decentralised businesses, and for e-commerce ventures.
Ongoing Compliance and Governance Monitoring:
- Support in establishing a market-based data governance forum for each allocated market which will drive continuous governance and ownership of data;
- Conduct a data governance maturity assessment regularly and drive markets to meet or maintain a higher level of maturity (minimum of Gold).
- Develop and maintain a maturity status of the markets and produce reports for the Data Governance Working and Steering Group;
- Conduct regular training programmes and workshops with marketers in markets to improve capabilities for collecting and using consumer data.
Job Reference: JO-1902-145176
Salary: £250.00 - £300.00 per day
Job Duration: End of 2019