Role: Data Manager
Day rate: Up to £350
Contract Length: 6 months
Purpose of the Role
The Data Strategist/Analyst will be responsible for supporting the Customer Data Driven Marketing Strategy by providing data insight, reporting and guidance on the development of the data strategy to achieve business objectives.
Customer Data Driven Marketing (CDM) is a key strategic capability to increase sales through data-driven marketing. The client’s mission is to deliver personalized, connected, cross-channel communications (paid media, email, web, app) to drive sustainable business growth.
This role will support all product categories – Mobile / TV / Domestic Appliance and help share CDM-insight to all parts of the business (Marketing – Brand, CMI, Digital, Customer Service, Product Divisions) at European level, to create high value propositions that can be executed across the client’s multi-touchpoint CDM platform
The ideal candidate for this role comes from a data driven campaign background, ideally with clientside experience that encompasses agency management.
- Own and interpret CDM platform data as part of integrated campaign design and end to end optimisation. Work with CDM Campaign Managers to deliver weekly, monthly and quarterly insight-driven reporting to improve and optimise performance of campaigns, with a focus on loyalty app, email and push notifications.
- Work with CDM Platform team and the wider business to build integrated Customer Insights in order to drive actionable insight at European and individual country level, using Qlik Sense. Be the ambassador for the adoption and maturity of Qlik Sense usage across Europe.
- Work with the CDM Platform team to prioritise based on business need the continuous improvement of data quality in the CDM Platform. Also extension of this to quality control of naming conventions, tracking and reporting consistency across multiple channels including the use of the DMP.
- Through working with the CDM Marketing team, identify data enrichment opportunities and project manage stakeholders required to implement data enrichment successfully e.g. new sources of data identified and be the business lead in how this data should be available in the CDM Platform for marketing purposes, or identifying 3rd party agencies.
- Working with internal EU CRM data team, CMI, Legal and Agency Partners to define data capture, data management, data enrichment and data security and governance processes to reach our business objectives.
- Engage and coordinate with multiple parts of the organisation (Marketing, Customer Service, Content & Services, Product Divisions, eCommerce…) and partner agencies to help define objectives, KPIs and reporting of campaigns, and deliver these to the business.
- Fully understand the wider CDM Strategy and give input to management in terms of data strategy and database development
Skills and Experience
- Considerable experience of working in a Data Analyst and Analytics environment, preferably at an agency or client side in telco industry
- Track record of delivering successful data strategy and measurement projects to recognised brands, ideally including telecoms
- Utilisation of diverse data sources across multiple channels to produce insight
- Ability to write and present well considered proposals
- Advanced ability in MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of website, social and customer analytics tools. Especially Qilk Sense. (e.g. Google Analytics / Adobe Analytics / Facebook insights / Faststats) is desirable though not essential
- Knowledge of QA processes and data protection legislation (GDPR)
- A proven track record of planning and managing changes in marketing programs (often through others, internally and externally) that deliver growth to a complex set of Consumer stakeholders
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to multi-task successfully and operate within budgetary and timeline constraints
- Demonstrated business results from delivering on-time and managing to large marketing budgets
- Presented frequently to executives to gain widespread support for change management initiatives to seek investment that delivers growth
- An ability to connect with people, using a range of influence skills to drive results
- A passion for technology
- Strong data planning background with a minimum 5 years’ experience
- Experience working with Qlik Sense or similar
- Experience of creating and executing data strategies across multi-touch point loyalty programmes.
- Proactive, independent, responsible attitude.
- Experience working in multidisciplinary teams and across agency and internal stakeholder groups
- Ability to involve stakeholders across the organization, sell ideas and tackle conflicts in a productive manner.
- Strong insight skills
- Experience with web content creation and maintenance
- Flexibility to deal with evolving team, individual objectives and challenging market conditions.
- Good written and verbal communication (clear, accurate, complete, actionable)
- Flexible. No nine to five mentality
Job Reference: JO-1809-140300