Upload your CV
Upload your CV to our database.
See available jobs in Analytics Jobs
That job has expired. Here are some similar roles:
Data Scientist – Fincrime
Digital Banking App
£70k – £90k plus 10% bonus & exceptional benefits
Remote (2-3 days per MONTH required in the office) / Central London
We have partnered with a market leading digital banking app, specifically for SME’s, particularly micro businesses such as start-ups, Etsy sellers, Sole Traders etc. to source a Data Scientist with experience in Fincrime, ideally.
They operate just like a startup themselves, with all the benefits of a fast paced working environment, engaging and social culture .. they are backed by one of the Uk’s biggest banks. So, you have security, experience and resources available to you as a business to support you through the significant growth they’re experiencing, as well as the freedom and creativity to push forward as the business scales.
They are currently operate a ‘paid for’ platform, using an e-money license which will soon be moved to a license operated by the bank, allowing for more ownership and ability to continue to build out their own unique offering. To this end, you will be coming in to support the Data Engineers to complete building out the data platform (on AWS), which is almost complete! So we do need people who are happy to get their hands dirty initially, then move onto fully focusing on data science projects which really add value through insight and automation. This means they will have more ability to build out bespoke data layers (on GCP), to drive improved understanding and control around Fincrime. So you will need to be comfortable with an ever evolving, growing and changing environment – one that has developed from just 80 to 230 people in the last 18 months and has equally ambitious plans to scale over the coming years.
You will be aligned to the Fincrime team, formally reporting into the Head of Strategic Analysis, but acting as the expert in the room from a machine learning and AI perspective, collaborating with your Fincrime colleagues on how to constantly improve understanding of the challenges and problems facing clients. Projects and initiatives will include using data to suggest new and improved configurations for detection systems; apply your data science toolkit to help prevent, detect and disrupt criminals looking to exploit the app and innovating around how to improve risk assessment of customers.
So we’re after a savvy, enthusiastic, self-starter to take on this opportunity to own and shape the Data Scientist – Fincrime role, with potential to expand this niche area of projects over the coming years. You will need to own and develop the data strategy from a Fincrim perspective, guiding the senior leaders on approach, advising on required tools and tech moving forward.
And given the flat structure, you will be in an influential, visible and valued position, with access to senior leaders and stakeholders across the business.
Skills and experience required:
· Educated to degree level in a numerate subject; Machine Learning, Computer Science, Physics, Chemistry, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering etc.
· Expert in using Python and SQL for building machine learning algorithms and models to drive improved understanding and decisioning around Fincrime activity and challenges
· Ability to work collaboratively with stakeholders, acting as the expert in the room, educating as to the ‘art of what’s possible’ and leading on innovation from a data science, Fincrime perspective
· Experience of working with cloud based platforms such as AWS, GCP or Azure is essential
· Confident and interested in working within a fast paced, start up environment. Ideally you will have come from a broad background so will understand how to flex and apply a range of soft as well as technical skills in an evolving environment
· Experience in leveraging data visualisation tools such as Tableau, PowerBI or Qlik