Upload your CV
Upload your CV to our database.
See available jobs in Analytics Jobs
That job has expired. Here are some similar roles:
Global Data Science Director
Luxury Fashion Retailer
£130k – £150k & bonus
I’m currently working on a Global Data Science Director role with our global luxury fashion retail client.
As a multibillion dollar business, this much loved and globally revered luxury retailer have spent a number of years investing a huge amount into data and CRM personalization. They are now in a position to kick on with the aim of embedding data science across all layers of the company, all driven by this centralised, global Data Science function.
This role comes with very senior level visibility and influence, where you will own, drive and deliver the overarching data science vision, working closely with the VP of Data, one of the most inspirational leaders I’ve had the pleasure of partnering with. You will manage and continue to grow a team of Data Scientists, delivering data science projects around CRM and personalization, partnering with a wider European and Global community of CRM and Digital experts.
There is no need for you to be hands on, as the role is largely strategic, however you should still have the ability to coach in detail from a coding perspective, given the small size of the team and need to bring solutions to life for non-technical audiences.
You’ll also partner with their external data & CRM agency, working closely with another incredible character in their Head of Data, who has scaled a market leading data science over the last four years. Here you will have access to a large resource of machine learning and AI experts, who have supported the business in the development of their highly sophisticated and advanced CRM programme.
The culture and pace within this retailer is ferocious, so super strong skills in managing and influencing very senior level stakeholders are required along with the ability to navigate multiple layers of decision making, selling data science and the vision back into the business.
· Educated to at least degree level in a numerate subject such as engineering, mathematics, statistics, chemistry, physics, machine learning, computer science etc.
· A background in leveraging hands on skills using tools such as Python, R, Spark, Hadoop, SQL and cloud based platforms such as GCP, Azure and AWS to manipulate and analyse various data sets in large volumes
· Background in data science from ideally a retail, consulting or blue chip background
· Experience in the application of data science within marketing and a wider business context
· Confident and strong presentation skills; ability to bring data to life for very senior leaders and non-technical stakeholders
· The flair and patience required to navigate a complex, multi-region organisation in order to ‘get things done’ – requiring diplomacy, confidence and the ability to take a ‘birds eye view’ on the bigger picture
· Thrives in a pacey, entrepreneurial and high performing environment
· Strong team collaboration skills, able to work in a dynamic and solutions focused environment