Upload your CV
Upload your CV to our database.
Head of Analytics
Global Marketing Agency
Reshape their data offering on a European scale! Work with some of the world’s biggest brands in technology and retail!
Location: Central London / wfh 3 days a week
This already famous global marketing agency has ambition to become a leading direct to consumer partner, with data sitting at the heart of this proposition. This means driving a step change, and in turn growth, of their existing data offering; building out new connected solutions and products around digital customer analytics and data science.
Joining as the Head of Analytics, you will manage a matrix team of 4 Data Scientists, who specialize in customer analytics and machine learning/AI, as well as an offshore team of 12 – 15 Digital Analysts and 1 local direct report in a broad Digital Analyst.
This is a brand new position where you will own and shape the data offering for this global marketing agency. Therefore you will need to have broad knowledge around ‘the art of what’s possible’ when it comes to blending digital analytics in all its guises (social, A/B testing, personalisation, insights and tagging) with data science and customer analytics for clients – providing a more connected and holistic view of the customer. There is huge potential for omnichannel projects too as they currently do a lot of retail work, so any retail industry experience will be massively beneficial.
Your team will be building tracking and tagging frameworks, delivering beautiful data visualisations and practical dashboards for end users, whilst conducting deep dive insights projects to solve and answer business and customer related questions and challenges. Working to understand your client’s current data management capabilities and set up, scoping solutions and in turn analytics projects to drive improved commercial performance.
You will work very closely with the Head of Performance Marketing & Optimisation, a very likable character with clear ambition and vision for the team. Together you will scope the roadmap for the next 18 – 24 months in terms of resource and projects, support on pitch work and consulting with clients on where else you can support from a data perspective. Given you already have a high performing team of Analysts to focus on the delivery, you won’t need to be hands on yourself, but you will need to still talk the language of your team in order to grow and inspire, as well as express (when necessary) the details of analytical techniques and methodologies to potential and existing clients. You will be one step removed from owning the P&L (the budget this role plays with is €1m+) and will have full ownership for the agency’s data proposition, and will be the face of the team, owning and developing client relationships.
Finally, your stakeholders are European wide, and many require education and onboarding when it comes to understanding the value of data and how to use it within decision making processes. So you will relish the chance to drive a cultural change and attitude towards data, working on providing overall satisfaction to a wide range of customers internally and externally.
A unique and huge opportunity for someone to step into a position of ownership, creativity, vision and ambition – realise a European data offering for one of the world’s largest agencies!
* Educated to degree level in a numerate subject, such as Chemistry, Physics, Computer Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Psychology
* A career history in digital and customer analytics, with previous hands on skills in analytics and modelling – although this role is hands off
* Depth of knowledge around digital analytics; social and content, tagging and tracking, insights and multivariate testing
* Depth of knowledge around data science; ETL, data storage, modelling, pattern recognition and machine learning techniques (Python, SQL)
* Ideally experience from agency side, with retail industry exposure is strongly preferred
* Team leadership experience; inspiring and guiding teams through change and adoption of new techniques and approaches
* An interest in building something new, embracing the challenges and rewards a step change like this brings
* Resilient, forward thinking, solutions focused, confident, thought leader and exceptional relationship builder