Upload your CV
Upload your CV to our database.
One of the UK’s most recognised online retailers
Recent IPO based on data value – join a truly data driven digital business!
Salary: £60k – £70k
You will join a small yet agile team of Analysts working as right-hand man or women to functional Head of Analytics, an Oxford educated powerhouse of a leader!
You will help drive the overall business strategy by delivering high level, strategic analytical projects, solving business problems and answering business questions which often come directly from the board. You will need to be able to push back, challenge thinking and juggle multiple projects at any one time, leading and owning your own work stream.
The Head of Analytics is an incredibly likeable, friendly and humble individual, with a wealth of digital and broader statistical analysis behind her. She is a big selling point for this role, given her expertise in this space and heritage in analytics; agency, online retail and publishing.
After IPO-ing last year, predominantly on the value of their data assets and the value you can generate from this data, my client’s senior leaders are heavily invested in the use of data to drive the business. The company is on a massive growth trajectory, so a great time to join!
This is a real opportunity to join a team where the work is varied and also layered – not only are you working to further understand the behavior and engagement of your customers, but as they are (nearly) always shopping for someone else, it makes the analysis so much more complex…and therefore, interesting! There is naturally a lot of work around personalization, promotions and marketing, so any experience in this space would be beneficial. They’re productionising data science models and driving growth through personalisation, so any additional experience within an ecommerce, or a product led business would be very beneficial.
· Educated to at degree level in a numerate subject: Mathematics, Machine Learning, Computer Science, Statistics, Chemistry, Physics, Engineering etc.
· A strong background in customer insight and marketing analytics, including modelling, is required for this role
· Ability to work with data from multiple sources, including digital, to provide robust solutions and insights
· Experience of working in an ecommerce retail environment is strongly preferred
· Excellent skills with either Python or R and SQL
· Skilled in leveraging Google Analytics
· Experience across at least two of the following: testing and optimization, statistics, data visualization, tagging, and reporting
· Ability to work independently, owning projects from end-to-end
· Passionate about embedding data at the heart of decision making, driving insights led thinking
· Very confident in stakeholder management, identifying problems, scoping solutions and projects and owning delivery