Role: Senior Marketing Manager
Contract length: 12 months- maternity cover FTC
Salary: Up to £50k
Start: ASAP- most be available to start immediately/2 weeks’ notice or less.
Application: Send your CV to Agee @ welovesalt . com now!
The Senior Digital Marketing Manager is responsible for outlining and developing the clients digital customer journey – from enquiry through to closing- ensuring a focus on a seamless, brand-enhancing, integrated experience, lead capture and conversion.
The role has specific responsibility of external facing digital presence, including the corporate website, blogs and CRM.
The post holder will manage a small team to develop and deliver a best-in-class digital presence which acts as a global shop window for the client’s business, supports the corporate strategy and has a positive impact on reputation and brand.
The role is responsible for ensuring high standards for quality assurance, compliance and compatibility to deliver an excellent user experience and optimise for search engines.
Main Activities And Responsibilities
- To work with the Director of Marketing and Recruitment, and colleagues across the institution to develop and implement a digital strategy to ensure the website and other digital channels support strategic marketing goals, the needs of the organisation, and conforms to security and legal standards.
- Take a user-centred, data-driven, evidence based approach to the development of digital services and customer journey.
- To establish clear objectives, policies and procedures, service level agreements for all digital channels.
- Act as a lead point and digital advocate, working with colleagues across the business to understand requirements, and offer advice, guidance and knowledge sharing to meet user needs and support business goals.
- Advise and work with in-house developers and external agencies to support the development and maintenance of the external facing digital presence, producing requirements and technical specification documentation.
- Lead on quality assurance to ensure code validation, high levels of accessibility, search engine optimisation, fast server performance and page load time and error-free functionality.
- Oversee the management and use of Google Analytics, Tag Manager and third party tracking, and create, manage and distribute actionable insights via regular and ad-hoc reporting.
- Management of budgets, ensuring best-value-for-money when procuring goods and services, adhering to the university’s financial regulations. Management of external service providers and agencies.
- To ensure the external facing digital presence follows brand guidelines
- Maintain a high awareness of industry best practice and trends, particularly in regard to accessibility, usability and emerging technologies, analytics and CMS, Squiz Matrix.
- Lead, manage and develop a highly skilled digital team.
- To undertake ad hoc projects and work as directed by the Head of Marketing.
Person Specification / Selection Criteria
Experience / Knowledge
- Evidence of managing large customer-centric websites and digital platforms
- Experience of creating strategy and operational tactics to support business goals, and the ability to analyse ROI
- Experience of evaluating, implementing, developing and maintaining large complex corporate systems, including CMS and CRM.
- Experience of writing technical specifications for development projects and managing external agencies
- Familiarity with the Higher Education sector and issues surrounding HE from a customer perspective.
- Strong organisational, time management and project management skills – ability to manage simultaneous projects, complex relations, multiple deadlines and a wide range of stakeholders
- A team player with experience of knowledge sharing, influencing, negotiating and building collaborative relationships and consensus at senior level
- Methodical approach to problem solving, identifying and reporting unsolvable issues for logging in support ticketing system
- Strong web analytics and reporting skills- ability to analyse and report effectively to provide insights and make recommendations for optimisation.
- Experience of leading, managing, motivating and mentoring a team to deliver defined targets and outcomes, carrying out reviews and appraisals.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure and maintaining a high degree of accuracy
- Knowledge of current and emerging technologies and toolsets to support the development of web-based services
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills – including technical report writing skills and presenting information in a easy-to-understand way
- Experience of budget management, obtaining value-for-money and following organisational financial guidelines
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of the impact of equality and diversity in the Marketing and Communications Department.
Job Reference: JO-1909-154244
Salary: £42500.00 - £50000.00 per annum
Salary per: annum
Job Duration: 12 months
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Industries: Analytics Jobs, CRM & Email, Marketing & Communications Jobs
Job Locations: Greater London
Job Types: Contract
Job Skills: Marketing Manager