A newly created role, the Social Media Manager for the UK will work closely with the Global Social Media Director to create and implement strategies for the family-focused arm of a well-known international entertainment brand.
Planning social calendars, organically growing the reach of the brand and staying at the forefront of all content and social trends will be the key purpose of this position.
The brand is of a family nature and the main audience will be parents of young children so the role requires someone who understands this audience or can be sensitive to the nuances.
Additionally, because this is a new role in a new team there is a scope for the successful candidate to define the role themselves, flex their creative skills and become a real brand champion.
In this role, your accountabilities and responsibilities are…
- Managing all social media accounts, including creating original posts, scheduling and managing pages, monitoring and responding to followers and maintaining engagement across all brand social platforms from launch to maturity
- To be the local social expert! To ensure content and social strategies resonate with the brand audience
- Using social platform’s native analytic tools and 3rd party social tools and platforms to streamline processes and analyse content performance
- Working closely with the Paid Media team to set up and run effective social paid media campaigns ensuring that these are hitting key KPI’s
- Innovating and identifying social media trends and opportunities proactively and creatively
- Working with Creative Services and Brand teams to oversee the development of creative materials for social platforms based on brand strategies/needs
- Communicating regularly with Global Social Media Director based in the UK to review social media analytics to ensure that our social media presence and strategy is delivering significant and appropriate social media engagement and to ensure the social strategies and processes complement the global strategy
- Collaborating with brand, marketing, digital, PR and commercial functions to ensure that our social media presence cohesively and properly amplifies our brands
To do this role, you will have/be…
- Experience of managing social media strategies
- Strong understanding of family brands and the role of social media in brand strategies
- Deep understanding of the social media landscape including platforms (existing and emerging), algorithms, challenges and opportunities in the UK as well as globally
- Strong understanding of native analytic tools
- Demonstrated leadership and relationship management skills. Highly collaborative and team-orientated, with loyalty to our brand values
- Outstanding organisational and communication skills
- Proactive and innovative
- Excellent written skills in English to write engaging social copy that suits the brand tone of voice
- Understanding the importance of SEO, keywords and hashtags to ensure our posts surface in search algorithms
- Hands-on attitude, willing to roll up sleeves and ability to enhance potential (self and team) by producing new ideas and solutions
- Capacity to handle major brand presence on social media, ensuring and maintaining high levels of fan engagement, while expressing our company’s views creatively and consistently
In this role, you will…
- Become the local in-house social media expert and disseminate knowledge, and full guidance to relevant marketing and commercial teams in the territory
- Get significant exposure to the inner workings of a world-class brand management company!
Job Reference: JO-1905-148943
Salary: £32000 - £35000 per annum
Salary per: annum
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Industries: Content & Social Media Jobs
Job Locations: Greater London
Job Types: Permanent