Salt’s client, a well-established not-for-profit organisation is on the hunt for a talented and driven Digital Manager to join their team on a 3 month contracted period to lead on the content and functionality of their websites and email marketing platforms to maximise our audience’s experience of these channels.
Directly reporting to the Head of Digital, you will oversee the management of the website and email team to deliver products and campaigns to grow their reach and increase conversions. In this role you will act as a consultant on digital engagement best practice to internal stakeholders, essentially leading the digital team, managing 2 high-performing Digital Comms Officers.
This is a fully remote position which also has the potential for permanency should this be of interest as well as operating this FTC on a day rate basis if preferred.
- Manage and improve the content production work flow
- Ensure content is compelling and drives conversion
- Ensure compliance with relevant web and email standards
- Oversee functionality enhancements and manage web development sprints
- Support the Head of Digital with Digital Engagement strategy development
- Manage the digital aspects of major fundraising, awareness, policy and research campaigns
- Ensure digital engagement journeys are factored in at the planning stage of major projects
- Manage third-party suppliers, platforms and tools by acting as POC for web development, search and PPC agency partners.
- Identify content opportunities for web and email
- Improve engagement and retention via compelling email journeys
- Act as a consultant on digital engagement best practice to internal stakeholders
- Work with the Digital Analyst to ensure regular reporting on digital engagement activity produces actionable insights
- Maintain a data-driven approach to content production and development
- Work to objectives, budgets and plans as set out by the Head of Digital
Key Skills Required:
- Possess a strong understanding of digital marketing techniques, processes and best practice.
- Ability to manage a digital content production work flow across search, web and email.
- Experienced in managing web development processes, with experience of working in an Agile environment.
- Proven experience working with and developing a CMS.
- Strong knowledge of email marketing best practice.
- Experienced in managing a high performing team.
- Hold a proven track record of successfully using data-led insights to support continuous improvement in a digital context.
- Keen knowledge of the digital sector – key trends, technology, ideas etc.
- Understanding of user experience principles and skilled at interpreting user behaviour.
If you are immediately available and feel that you would be a great fit for this position, I want to hear from you. Email a copy of your CV to email@example.com and let’s have a chat!
Job Reference: JO-2107-202229
Salary: £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Pro-rated for 3 months
Salary per: annum
Job Duration: 3 Months
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Industries: CRM & Email, Marketing & Communications Jobs
Job Locations: Greater London
Job Types: Permanent