Upload your CV
Upload your CV to our database.
Lead Data Scientist – Retailer
· Inspiring leadership, exceptional quality of peer level talent
· Growing data science community
· Wide variety of work available across 4 key work streams
Salary: Competitive plus strong bonus
Location: 1-2 days in London office
Looking to scale and build on their already established digital and data science community, this established retailer has multiple roles available at this level within the following teams:
Loyalty & Personalisation
Working on data science projects and building models, productionising these at scale for deployment across the business. With millions of customer records being generated from the loyalty card, you will exploit existing machine learning models, aiming to add more value in loyalty, looking at the data in new ways and building new user cases (emotional drivers for loyalty, for example). Techniques employed include causal inference (separating the causation and correlation in the analysis, really working to understand the reasons behind customer behaviour),linear programming and A LOT of optimisation.
The manager for this team holds a Phd from Oxford, bringing a combination of academic research experience as well as significant exposure in the land of start and scale ups.
The culture is friendly, ambitious and ‘non-traditional retail’ in terms of ways of working – Agile, innovative and forward thinking!
Led by another impressive Phd graduate with experience from management consultancy and start ups… you are in very good hands! This team are responsible for massively impactful projects, where millions of pounds are at stake and the wins are big – truly greenfield projects which have never been done before.
With frequent hackathons, you’ll work collaboratively on projects such as building computer vision models which can recognize the physical set up of stores (tidiness, product positioning) to people and their movements and interactions around stores too.
Your work has impact on physical and tangible objects, which gives it a really unique feel in comparison to other data science projects you might have worked on before. The projects are broad and business wide, so there is always variety.
Skills & experience required:
· Educated to at least degree level in a relevant, numerate subject; Machine Learning, Computer Science, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Statistics etc.
· Strong statistical background including: segmentation, recommendation systems, NLP, timeseries, neural networks, computer vision, causal inference, A/B testing, predictive modelling and regression.
· Ability to lead, own and drive projects, as well as guide and mentor more junior members of staff.
· Highly skilled Python programmer, with supportive skills in SQL.
· Exposure to Big Data, working in cloud based environments and in an agile, innovative manner.
· Strong business facing skills; confident in owning and building relationships with key stakeholders, identifying opportunities for projects and scoping solutions.
· Ideally experience in productioninsing machine learning models and complex data science projects at scale.
· Customer focused; always thinking about customer impact in all decision making.
· Ideally experience in a retail environment, but this is not essential.
· Very strong communication skills, ability to translate and bring to life complex technical solutions for non-technical audiences and stakeholders, Continuing the drive to put data at the heart of all decision making and making it accessible for the business.