Role: CRM Marketing Manager
Day rate: £280 via LTD
Contract length: 1 year initial
You will work within the Customer Marketing team, implementing CRM activity to generate awareness and sales for both online Shop and Mobile and Home Divisions. You will also work closely with Trading Teams and Divisions to ensure CRM activity supports and develops the Customer Experience.
You will ensure both campaign-based and always-on activity is delivered on time, to budget, and exceeds our sales targets. As a CRM Expert, you will be an ambassador for customer marketing across the wider business, and be ahead of the latest trends across the CRM landscape.
You will work closely with various Divisions and the Digital team as well as CRM agencies, building strong relationships to ensure our activity is continually optimised and improved – testing new ideas and initiatives rigorously, and presenting back plans and strategies to both their line manager and internal/external partners.
Key role and responsibilities
- Support the Senior Customer Marketing Manager with the implementation & execution of all customer marketing and engagement principles for the business (across division), this includes responsibility for defining the following:
- Contact Principles: Ensure we adhere to the contacts rules of how often we contact our customers and prospects, and for what reason; to sell, retain, inform, and gather data.
- Communication Principles: support the delivery/execution of the comms strategy, ensuring each customer segment receives the correct message and positioning with consistent tone of voice (aligning to the business & divisions)
- Channel Principles: execute the strategy/communication via defined channels/touch points (DM, OBTM, email, push, press, radio, etc) for each customer segment on time, with accuracy and to budget
- Responsible for developing & executing CRM activity aligned to the Mobile and Home Division campaign strategies, both during product launches and key retail periods (e.g. January sales, Black Friday, Christmas) – including accurate forecasting and post- campaign analysis (all ontime and to budget with the above principles in mind).
- Key focus on delivering regular Shop, Mobile & Home Division CRM communications to support division business objectives, targets & important metrics.
- Develop strong working relationships with the Strategy & Planning Managers for Mobile & Home, and the wider Divisional Marketing contacts – essential to understanding commercial objectives and driving results. Reporting confidentially back to senior management on performance, insights and recommendations when required with support from the Senior Marketing Manager.
- Responsible for supporting the wider Customer Marketing team to ensure our customer marketing plan aligns with our master customer strategy, the digital strategy and meets our business objectives (across all divisions) and important metrics.
- Introduce new reasons to communicate with our customers, providing more useful and relevant content which helps to improve the value of our products and services.
- Work closely with internal teams like the planning, commercial, retail, experience teams as well as wider CMO and divisional marketing teams to ensure our plans are delivering, and campaign performance improves.
- Working closely with external agencies to help co-ordinate and run the day-to-day activities, such as briefs, amends, reviews, approvals etc
- Ensure the segmentation and targeting is working effectively & continually optimizing our approach using insights/stats from the data (provided by the agencies, internal teams and campaign PCA’s)
- Work alongside our CRM Agency to deliver premier creative and campaigns to drive awareness of products and quality visits to the client’s website
Skills and experience:
- A customer marketing communications professional who has previously worked in a B2C consumer marketing environment
- Proven understanding of best practice customer marketing and routes to market, and be commercially focused whilst putting the customer at the heart of every decision
- Have outstanding communication & organizational skills enabling you to work effectively with stakeholders across our business as well as with external agencies
What do we need for this role?
You will need a good knowledge of both CRM and retail marketing with demonstrable experience hitting commercial objectives. We would like somebody that puts the customer at the centre of our communications with a strong focus on delivery and attention to detail.
You should have working knowledge of CRM tools, a good level of database marketing knowledge and be on top of the latest trends in the industry.
We expect to you to be self- reliant, accountable, reliable and most importantly comfortable in a fast moving environment. We will also require you to be able to present and influence at a senior level.
You will be a great team player with leadership qualities, high levels of commitment, aspiration and adaptability.
Key competencies should include:
- A university degree in Business, Marketing and/or Retail
- Demonstrable experience working in an operational role requiring technical knowledge and day to day management skills, with evidence of successfully delivering & executing marketing campaigns leading to commercial success.
- Passion for, and experience of, working in a CRM role for an ecommerce-centric business or agency.
- Understanding of the Consumer Electronics / Technology consumer online experience.
- Demonstrable expertise of digital tools & techniques and developing creative solutions.
Job Reference: JO-1901-143948
Salary: £250.00 - £280.00 per day