Role: Head of Customer Data Driven Marketing- Retention, Data, & Loyalty Management
Day rate: Up to £400 via LTD
Contract length: 1 year
Customer Data-Driven Marketing (CDM) is a key strategic pillar across the client’s business. Data is instrumental in driving business growth through Acquisition, Retention & Loyalty driving activities.
There is considerable investment in this team by way of investment in new technology and resources to drive a data-driven approach across all digital channels. The CDM vision is to advance data-driven marketing through cross-channel orchestration and personalisation, integrating all online channels (Website, Paid Media, Email, Push Notifications, Loyalty App etc) with innovation in technology and operations.
This role is available for one year on a contract basis due to the current incumbent going on Maternity leave.
What will this role achieve?
You will lead the team responsible for the development of Data-Driven Cross-Channel Orchestration Programmes (Incl. Paid Media, .com, email, app etc.), Loyalty/Membership Programmes, B2B CDM and Customer Data Strategy. With the objective to drive Customer Acquisition to the European CDM Database, Retention & Cross-sell across Europe.
Working in partnership with the Director of Digital Platforms and other Channel Experts (.com / Social / Media and more), your team will direct the business on the implementation and maturity of data-driven marketing best practices which will enhance CDM contribution to sales.
Increase CDM Contribution to sales (B2B and B2C) via three pillars:
- Increase Acquisition of Customer Base
- Increase retention of entire customer base
- Increase cross-sell of mobile customer to other categories
Performance measurements include:
- CDM-generated sales (retention & cross-sell)
- CDM contribution to NPS (B2B and B2C)
- Customer Engagement
- To develop and deliver the European CDM, Retention, Loyalty & Data Strategy & Roadmap (B2C and B2B)
- Drive the strategic integration of CDM, Loyalty & Retention programmes across Europe, aligned with business strategy (B2C and B2B)
- Responsible for the performance of CDM against commercial measures, aligned to business objectives. Including Engagement, NPS and Sales contribution
- To manage a CDM budget of €10M+ with diligence and effectiveness
- To line manage the central European CDM, Retention, Loyalty & Data Team (5, direct + agency)
- Provide leadership and direction to the 30+ size European CDM team to manage and implement the European CDM, Retention, Loyalty & Data Strategy
- To ensure strong team development, investing time to manage your team to deliver against their Personal Development Plans, contributing to continuous enhanced team performance
- Work closely to the European Marketing leadership team, European Director of Customer Service, European Director of Mobile/TV/DA, European Digital Directors and their teams so all European CDM Programmes are aligned and coordinated between CMI, Brand, PR, Retail, Customer Service, Digital and GBMs.
- To report on a regular basis to European subsidiary leadership teams and EHQ senior stakeholders on European CDM, Retention, Loyalty & Data, results and performance improvements
- Engage with Snr HQ counterparts to ensure Global/Regional/Sub alignment
- Provide leadership of third party supplier relationships to ensure agencies are optimised for long term goals.
- Marketing Automation: Lead and manage your team to own & optimise the complex lifecycle and triggered communications via Email, Push Notification and Apps / Services to drive increased customer retention & loyalty utilising Adobe Marketing Cloud.
- Channel Orchestration: Drive innovation through cross-channel orchestration campaigns – including Paid Media, .com, email, push, apps. Employing new technologies, strategies and operational processes to enable increase in data-driven targeting, customer journey channel integration and personalisation.
- Loyalty/Membership: Lead and manage your team to drive the long-term European loyalty/membership strategy, across multiple touch points (email, web, app, chat, social, eStore…). Owning proposition development, customer research and roadmap requirements with the technical team. Alongside, continued pilot reward/content activity to improve longterm loyalty.
- B2B CRM: Deliver the long-term European B2B CRM strategy, across multiple touch points (email & web) utilising the CRM database – Salesforce and Eloqua as Campaign Mngt system.
- CDM Data Analytics: Drive the CDM Customer Data & Analytics Strategy. Work in close partnership with Consumer & Marketing Insight team to build meaningful segmentations (e.g. scoring/modelling) & enrich database over time.
- European Shared Services: Lead your team in the successful delivery of valued Shared Services to 17 European Subsidiaries which deliver efficiency in marketing operations, deliver pilots and share best practices: Email & Push Operations (Adobe Campaign) 2. Loyalty Operations (Samsung Members) 3. CDM Channel Orchestration (Adobe Audience Manager) 4. B2B CDM Shared Service (Eloqua)
What do we need for this role?
- Strong marketing background with strong digital experience
- CRM / Data-Driven / Loyalty track record in multiple channels (email/push/app/web) (minimum 8 years)
- Integrated Campaign Management tool experience; working knowledge of Adobe Marketing Cloud, especially Adobe Campaign & Adobe Audience Manager
- Implemented European-wide data-driven, multi-touchpoint marketing plans across digital channels (B2B and B2C) to drive Retention & Loyalty
- Strong agency / team management skills; comfortable leading multi-cultural teams, providing both strategic and hands-on operational feedback and evidence of driving results.
- Proven track record of driving signification business transformation & change in dynamic and complex environments
- Adept at operating at both a Strategic level at the same time as day to day operations
- Ability to lead teams with a “can do” attitude to ensure your team delivers at all times
- Ability to thrive under a fast, pressured environment with conflicting priorities and changing direction
- Analytical with strong attention to detail
- Creative and Flexible approach to working
What does success look like?
- Experience within both client and agency companies
- Big brand experience
- Global or European experience good but not essential
- Knowledge of Adobe Marketing Cloud
- Marketing/Business degree
Job Reference: JO-1809-140524