Customer Data Compliance Manager (GDPR) – up to £70K plus Bonus & Fantastic Benefits – Hybrid with 2 days in Reading
This retailer is going through a period of digital transformation and are looking for top tier talent to join the team. This newly created role sits within the compliance team and not only is the project hugely exciting. This is a great business to work for… excellent leadership, a ton of autonomy and a chance to grow within the role.
As Compliance Manager you will work with relevant functional teams across the global business. You will be responsible for mitigating data protection risk and other general compliance areas while educating your customer groups on the importance of compliance. You will be joining a fast paced, commercial environment, with the opportunity to work with key stakeholders within the overall business. This role is about engaging audiences and standing out from the crowd!
- Manage, develop and maintain the ongoing data protection compliance programme
- Manage and continuously develop key data protection processes for breach management and data subject access requests
- Maintain requirements for compliance with data protection laws and supportsenior management in defining strategic actions to support compliance
- Assess projects for GDPR risks, building in data privacy considerations for projects that process personal data
- Promote awareness across the business of GDPR compliance obligations and advise on procedures and policies
- Supervise the completion of Data Privacy Impact Assessments for projects with significant personal data elements and escalate matters appropriately.
- Identify and support the resolution of risks and issues as they arise.
- Lead and develop training programme for current and new employees across multiple regions
- Manage and develop the compliance communications strategy and coordinate accompanying campaigns, key programme updates and materials
- Manage the compliance team and responsible for the development of the team’s overall responsibilities, ensuring that the team meets all requirements and deadlines relating to ongoing compliance activities.
- 3+ years of People Management experience in previous roles
- Experience of advising on Compliance topics across multiple jurisdictions
- Experience managing data protection programmes and matters within an international organisation including reviewing new market initiatives, data subject requests, incidents and breaches
- Hold a recognised qualification in Data Protection such as CIPP, CDPO, CIPM or equivalent
- A natural people person, that can delivery engaging training and influence the highest of stakeholders
- Ideal to have come from a consumer focused industry.
Job Reference: JO-2106-201523
Salary: Up to £70000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits
Salary per: annum
Job Start Date:
Job Industries: eCommerce Jobs
Job Locations: Berkshire
Job Types: Permanent
Job Skills: compliance, Customer Marketing, GDPR, Stakeholder management, training