Salt has partnered with an international organisation within the public sector, who are on the hunt for a Manager to support the Senior Events and Engagement Manager. You will help develop, implement and embed an events and engagement strategy for the client, and manage events planning and delivery. The Events and Engagement Manager is responsible for overseeing the planning and execution of specific events for the client, ensuring everything is aligned to their Brand guidelines. You will also advise colleagues more widely, supporting them to carry out events across their global network.
Strategy and Planning
- Support the development of an events strategy to ensure a co-ordinated strategic calendar of events globally.
- Ensure that events maintain the overall reputation of the client and enhance its profile.
- Ensure that messages are consistent and support the overall brand and business strategy.
- Elevate any events risks and issues to ensure they are effectively managed and mitigated.
- Monitor the effectiveness of events and identify improvement opportunities.
- Monitor trends in event management and ensure that best practice is applied.
- Support on engagement with the local community and future partnerships with organisations as part of the strategy around the clients headquarters.
- Supports the management of the exhibition space in the office, including planning and running of events there.
Consultancy, analysis and problem-solving
- Support the provision of expert advice on event planning, management and delivery.
- Ensure that event management communications risks and issues are effectively managed and mitigated.
- Build an in-depth understanding of the operational context, opportunities and challenges, and of how those relate to wider issues in the UK, to ensure the development of new strategies and campaign ideas that will deliver business objectives.
- Consult closely with internal stakeholders and other partners to understand current and future business needs and plans work activities accordingly to ensure the services and advice they provide meets those demands.
- Provide expert professional advice, support and challenge to internal customers and other stakeholders to support the development of high quality, effective and continuously improving business practices within their area of functional expertise
- Proactively pursue an annual cycle of formally recognised Continuing Professional Development to maintain and deepen their professional expertise.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of training and guidance of other professionals in the field.
- Identify and make recommendations for improvements to ways of working that enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of the corporate functional discipline, as well as the operational effectiveness of their internal customers.
Commercial and financial management
- Use agreed corporate systems and processes, plans and manages the assigned budget.
- Conduct monthly and year-end reporting expenditure and contributes learnings from this process to support the Head of Media and External Communications in improving financial planning, management and performance within their area.
Relationship and stakeholder management
- Proactively build and maintain collaborative relationships with internal peers and stakeholders to ensure integrated, joined up and future-proofed working.
- Promote and champion best practice event management through the Marketing Community of Practice.
Leadership and management
- Plan and prioritise own work activities to ensure effective delivery of diverse responsibilities and deliverables over a quarterly to annual time horizon.
- Determine work plans and coordinates input from others to meet specific objectives.
- Degree or professional qualification in marketing, communications or business or demonstrable level of equivalent experience
- Postgraduate degree in a relevant field or demonstrable level of equivalent experience
- Experience of working in managing high profile and complex events
- Deep understanding of event management strategy, planning and delivery including the opportunities and challenges presented by new technologies
- Demonstrable experience in managing and mitigating significant event management risks and issues
- Creative and adaptable in communication – Able to use a range of non-standard and creative approaches to inform, and persuade others, extending beyond logical argument to influence decisions and actions in a way which is inclusive and engaging.
- Plans ahead – Organises own work over weeks and months, or plans ahead for others, taking account of priorities and the impact on other people.
- Supports budget management – Monitors and controls an agreed budget within a defined area, producing reports and analyses and contributing to planning.
- Supports a risk management culture – Has track record of identifying and highlighting risk and suggesting mitigating actions.#
- Inside IR35
- Duration:8 Months (Circa)
- Start: 15th August
- Hybrid working: 2/3 days in office based in East London
- Events management experience
- Immediate / quick Hiring process!
Job Reference: JO-2207-257122
Salary: £225.00 - £275.00 per day
Salary per: day
Job Duration: 8 Months
Job Start Date: 15/08/2022
Job Industries: Marketing & Communications Jobs
Job Locations: Greater London
Job Types: Contract