My client, a leader in the consumer electronics space, is looking for a Head of Marketing Strategy to develop a long-term plan and strategy to connect internal business units and teams in a connected way and drive IoT-related projects forward.
Purpose of the Role
A 3-year marketing strategy. Split into an actionable, prioritised plan. Including but not limited to online, PR, in-store, events and CRM.
Defined objectives, measurement and metrics for the overall plan and each key marketing activity.
A business case to secure marketing investment for Q4 2018 and FY 2019 and a view on what’s needed beyond 2019 to be rooted in solid return on investment modelling
Connecting and influencing the multiple category partners and decision makers to implement what is a true cross-category vision for the UK business. This means getting alignment on shared objectives, securing cross-divisional investment and overcoming obstacles
Defining and delivering the marketing assets needed to get off to a fast start on implementing the plan. My client moves quickly and this role needs to define a strategy and also to be clear about how to make it a reality.
This may require:
- Developing creative assets including digital, PR, visual identity guidelines.
- Writing clear, high quality briefs for our agency / creative partners.
- Educating Home and Mobile teams on how to ensure consistency in IoT-related communications across all brand, channel & retail assets in the UK.
- Work closely with HQ and EU to define and align on the UK plan. A new team within HQ has been established to lead multi-device experience development and the UK is a ‘lighthouse’ market, tasked with leading the way on IoT.
- Lead a cross-category marketing forum.
- Provide regular and clear communication to relevant parties including internal partners – it’s crucial to get internal engagement in IoT-related projects in order to realise its potential.
What do you need in this role?
- You will be insight driven and have the ability to identify and demonstrate insights
- You will be commercially minded and have the desire to translate brand and marketing opportunities into commercial deliverables
- You will be curious, open-minded, have a desire to challenge established thinking, be confident in your own clear opinion… and also mature enough to change your mind if new evidence presents itself
- Critical thinking: the ability to take something that’s highly complex and define a clear path forwards and to take people with you
- Influencing skills: the desire to convince others, to see their point of view, to articulate how IoT/Smart technologies could bring value to them
- Resilience: this is an extremely challenging role. It requires tenacity, positivity and a clear head under pressure
- Innovative thinking: this hasn’t been done before, so an ability to see what’s possible, what the future could look like and being able to break out of BAU-thinking is important
- Collaborative: the want to build a network, understand different points of view, overcome objections, deliver a vision, a plan and then make it happen by working with and through others
If keen to apply, email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Reference: JO-1806-136685
Salary: £350.00 - £450.00 per day
Salary per: day
Job Duration: 6 Months
Job Start Date: 02/07/2018
Job Industries: Marketing & Communications Jobs
Job Locations: Surrey
Job Types: Contract
Job Skills: Digital, Digital Marketing, Ecommerce, marketing, Planning, Smart Technology, Strategy