PR Manager – £45,000 – £60,000
Bristol Hybrid working
My client is a highly reputable and growing Insurance Company who work closely with some of the UK’s largest insurance brokers and providers to try and ensure each person in the UK is protected and financially secure. They are a forward-thinking company with a customer-focused strategy, with an aim to ensure a loyal consumer base. They have recently acquired 2 new subsidiaries and have the ambition to make an even bigger imprint in the Insurance market over the next few years.
This is a very exciting first PR hire for the company meaning it is a lead standalone role with lots of room for progression. The goal is to create a functioning and effective PR department from the ground up. You will put an effective strategy in place for the main group and its subsidiaries and create a buzz in the media world. You will bring active contacts that you can quickly bring on board and create an organised and demanding press office.
Main Job Responsibilities
- Develop compelling written content for PR purposes including press releases, award entries, media briefings, and media alerts
- Strong attention to detail and will be responsible for reviewing and giving strategic direction on content produced by our external agency partners
- Responsible for building new and nurturing existing media contacts, amplifying awareness throughout publications and Consumers.
- Be responsible for creating and managing monthly reports on PR results and activity as well as maintaining the PR planning and coverage tracking sheets
- Understanding of the media landscape within the financial services sector and be able to identify press opportunities
- Lead the UK press office
- Manage the full cycle of case studies
Key Skills and Experience
- 4 years’ experience working in a PR role, ideally within from a Personal Finance or Payments space, either in-house or for an agency.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment which would require flexibility and the ability to dive in and out of execution and strategy
- Evidence of developing and implementing strategic media relations plans – having dealt directly with high profile journalists in a busy press office or agency environment
- Have a track record of achieving significant PR impact and share of voice within integrated campaigns and with one-off tactical/reactive PR
- Ability to successfully manage, influence, and communicate effectively with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Experience managing agencies and putting in place scalable processes to drive and measure results
To apply for the PR Manager role, please click the “apply” button, or contact Tara McMahon at for more details.
Job Reference: JO-2210-327684
Salary: £42000 - £60000 per annum
Salary per: annum
Job Start Date: 08/11/2022
Job Industries: Marketing & Communications Jobs
Job Locations: Greater London
Job Types: Permanent