Upload your CV
Upload your CV to our database.
Press Officer – Education Practice
£36,000 – £41,000
I’ve partnered with a non-for-profit business that supports various different personnel within religion. This supportive business help build awareness and social justice across the UK and Europe. I’m looking for an experienced PR officer who has a passion for charity and education.
They are seeking a hands-on and experienced Press Officer to join a small communication to team and help to develop their current media presence for their education practice. You will lead all elements of their press function, handling all national and international media responses. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a fast paced and ever-changing role. You will be able to combine brand awareness with education and deliver a clear and consistent tone of voice. You will be experienced in crisis communications and respond adequately to sensitive topics.
· To develop consistent lines of communication across various channels including print, radio and TV media
· To increase the awareness and understanding of the brand within the media and the public
· Take lead on all things related to the press office, including press enquiries, and drafting press releases
· Conduct interviews with internal and external contacts
· Collaborate with appropriate teams across the wider business
· Support crisis management strategies and planning
· 3 years+ press office experience, ideally within a non for profit, education or similar (B2C)
· Outstanding writing skills as well as an understanding of different styles of writing (from press releases to op-eds, from blog posts, TV to spokesperson briefings)
· Previous experience in crisis communications, able to manage unexpected and sensitive situations
· The ability to consistently meet tight deadlines
· Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism or related field, or comparable work experience