Business Analyst – Digital Business – Gathering Requirements, Migration, Java, Bespoke, OTC – London
Rate: £500 per day
Duration: 7 months
Main Objective: Lead the analysis, documentation, and management of business requirements throughout the project lifecycle and ensure that requirements are fully understood by the technical team before solutions are designed and implemented.
Responsibilities: Business Analyst – Digital Business – Gathering Requirements, Migration, Java, Bespoke, OTC – London
- Leads and manages requirements gathering and analysis activities by working with stakeholders, developers, designers, QA analysts and internal/external customers.
- Elicits, captures, analyzes, refines, articulates and documents business requirements, user stories, acceptance criteria and software documentation via approved processes.
- Manages requirement changes throughout the project lifecycle.
- Balances business requirements with technical feasibility and sustainability.
- Synthesizes complex information into concise, readable, unambiguous language.
- Assists with product backlog maintenance and grooming.
- Collaborates closely with UX, Development and QA Teams.
- Establishes and maintains agreements between team members on requirements.
- Participates in Agile cadence such as Scrum stand-up meetings, backlog grooming sessions, review and retrospective meetings.
- Ensures that appropriate project documentation is produced throughout the project lifecycle.
- Occasional travel for training, meetings or trade shows may be required.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Experience: Business Analyst – Digital Business – Gathering Requirements, Migration, Java, Bespoke, OTC – London
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field required, Master’s Degree preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant experience required.
- Scrum experience highly desirable.
- Knowledge of the Marketing and Communications Industry a plus
- Experience with LifeRay, Tableau, Microsoft BI, AWS and continuous integration is a plus
- Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
- Solid understanding of software development lifecycle and Agile development processes.
- Proven experience creating user stories, acceptance criteria, design documentation, process flows and wireframes in order to clearly communicate a set of functional requirements.
- Strong business requirement analytical skills with the ability to produce clearly articulated requirements and documents.
- Strong understanding of iterative software development.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills required to interact with staff, colleagues, management and internal/external customers.
- Attention to details to include ability to follow written and verbal directions and error free written communication
- Manage multiple projects and priorities, tasks and coordinate various channels of communication at the same time
- Ability to facilitate and conduct meetings while asking questions and soliciting feedback, presenting and capturing notes/requirements in various software applications / tools
- Be proactive and take initiative with little or vague directions at times to include desire to solve problems and be resourceful in seeking answers
- Conduct at a high level of professionalism to include characteristics that exemplify Digital Media core values and align with the team mission statement.
- Experience with the development of web and mobile applications.
- Knowledge of computer software validation processes is a plus.
- Knowledge of JIRA is a plus
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
- Experience working with project management software, QA software and Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to use standard office equipment and type at an average of 30 to 40 words per minute.
Please do send across to me the most up to date copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
This is going to be 1 stage interview with the client
Job Reference: 38284727234
Salary: £500 - £501 per day
Salary per: day
Job Duration: 7 months
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Industries: Senior Appointments
Job Locations: Greater London
Job Types: Contract
Job Skills: Bespoke, Gathering requirements, Java, migration, OTC