Director of Engineering – Ad tech, Marketing Technology, Start up, Blockchain
My client provides the advertising market an independent secure platform to Book, Verify, Pay and Report every transactions through their media supply-chain releasing the novel benefits of blockchain technology.
Role & Responsibilities
Team leadership, strategy & planning
- To plan and manage software development of the technology platform using internal and external resources.
- To assist driving the strategic direction of our products & services taking into account client feedback and emerging and legacy technologies.
- To devise a tactical plan to implement improvements to our products, services, processes and knowledge sharing within the team
- To plan for team growth considering the blend/level of skills required within team and the utilisation of internal/external resource.
- To keep up to date with the latest software development technologies and methodologies, in particular blockchain/distributed ledger technologies and within the advertising/media industry.
- To drive consistent standards and approaches
- To write clean and healthy structured, well documented code
- To build future-proof reusable core code libraries, which can be shared, in-order to drive further efficiencies
- To deliver code which is well tested and consistently error free
- To design and build data schemas with integrity and scalability
Communication and problem solving
- To use your experience when reviewing and auditing legacy code
- To take control over critical support instances and putting into place the correct escalation and process to manage and resolve issue as soon as possible
- To create a culture of promoting new ideas or future product developments within the team and for our clients
- To encourage pro-active discussions with product and account management teams
- To contribute regularly to discussions regarding internal process and system improvements in order to ensure maximum efficiency across the company. Including suggesting technical solutions to problems
- To make sure the development effort is integrated into other team’s services efficiently and that it is offering technical input into how all services can be delivered and improved
- To strive to ensure that processes and appropriate levels of knowledge are shared between teams
- To make sure written reports and are written and adhere to brand/template and client communication is at an excellent and professional level
- To lead and oversee all technical analysis and specifications to make sure they are complete and accurate
- To support the business development team with pre-sale activities, contributing to RFPs where appropriate and assisting in large pitches to potential clients where required
- To provide training and workshops for clients and/or staff as required
Ideal Candidate Profile
- minimum 7 years+ in large scale software development experience
- Previous experiences working in start-up environments and in the AdTech / media-buying sector is a strong advantage
- Excellent work ethic and professional demeanor
- Smart, creative thinker and problem-solver, fast learner, with demonstrated initiative
- Technical experience and skills:
- Experience and applied knowledge of blockchain / distributed ledger technologies. In particular the Hyperledger Fabric ecosystem.
- General knowledge and experience in using open-source technologies
- Front end web application such as Angular
- Programming languages such as Go
- Operating system level, Docker
- Standard infrastructure level, such as AWS or Azure
Job Start Date: Asap - 3 months