Head of Web Development – PHP, Digital, Web sites, Manage, Lead – £80,000 – London – PHP, Digital, Web sites, Manage, Lead. LAMP, WordPress – Online, Digital, Advertising, Publishing
Overall Purpose of the Role: To oversee development and support of the companies brand and associated websites, leading the web development team and providing guidance on digital strategy and best practice.
- Manage the Web Development team.
- Support the digital functions across the business helping to advise on best practice.
- Lead the development of the WordPress Common Platform, including production of development roadmaps devised in conjunction with key business stakeholders to deliver their required digital outcomes.
- Oversee the hosting and support of the (including other operating company websites where appropriate) brand websites, ensuring maximum uptime and a process for managing out of hours emergencies.
- Continually monitor and manage hosting resources to ensure optimal usage and minimal cost without adversely affecting performance.
- Ensure maintenance of brand websites is performed out of hours keeping disruption to a minimum, and wherever possible, giving the business plenty of advanced notice.
- Ensure any reported issues or bugs are logged, triaged and responded to promptly, keeping all parties informed (working with the Application Services team where appropriate).
- Lead the development of new initiatives, working with business owners to maximise potential.
- Provide input for future acquisitions, including assessing current platforms, advising on potential integration options and identifying related opportunities.
- Ensure Brand websites are compliant with latest compliance requirements (e.g. GDPR).
- Work to introduce a continuous-improvement ethos, suggesting proactive changes to systems and processes to improve the service provided to the business.
Personal Specifications and Competencies: Interpersonal Skills:
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills.
- Ability to communicate and form working relationships with colleagues at all levels.
- Ability to build and manage relationships with high level stakeholders.
IT, Administrative and Organisational Skills:
- Strong web development skills, including developing on both LAMP and the Microsoft stack.
- Good working knowledge of AWS, including best practice and optimisation of resources.
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills, with the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Familiar with Atlassian tools, including Confluence and JIRA.
- Prior experience of leading a successful, highly motivated web development team in a complex environment.
- In-depth experience of developing on both the LAMP and MS stacks.
- Up to date knowledge of best practice in digital processes (e.g. online advertising and marketing, social media etc).
- Experience of developing and supporting mission-critical websites.
- Strong Scrum and DevOps experience and knowledge.
- Publishing or media experience, ideally including development of subscription websites, desirable but not essential.
Job Reference: JO-1808-139507
Salary: £17 - £80000.00 per annum + Benefits
Salary per: annum
Job Start Date: ASAP - 3 Month
Job Industries: Senior Appointments
Job Locations: Greater London
Job Types: Permanent
Job Skills: Advertising, DevOps, Digital, LAMP, Media, online, PHP, publishing, web development, Web sites, WordPress