50% supporting the Planning Director on a high street bank and their challenger mobile banking brand.
50% supporting the Head of Planning on new business from new and existing clients as well as pitches and project opportunities. (Recent opportunities from our parent company include; A global launch for a super car brand. A repositioning for one of the world’s most popular beer brands and a global campaign for a software / gaming hardware company.
The role is extremely varied, so we’re looking for someone with the attitude of seeing projects outside their comfort zone as a chance to grow not recoil and hide.
Work with clients to fully understand their business problems (the brief behind the brief) to develop clear objectives, target markets and communication strategies
- Commission, manage & present research conducted on behalf of the agency & client
- Championing the financial return of creativity to clients; whilst inspiring creatives with unexpected strategies/ briefs and your collaborative working style that gets them to the best and most surprising ideas
- Writing effectiveness and award submissions. Analyse and present data to prove effectiveness of campaigns (Able to work closely with analysts and data planners)
- In-depth analysis of competitors, the market and audiences to write brand / campaign strategies and creative briefs
- Being an expert and knowledge centre for social, content and one-to-one marketing: strategies, case studies and latest technology
- Apply traditional planning methodologies to create work in less traditional media channels
- Bringer of creativity to the often-uncreative world of one-to-one marketing
- Workshop planner and runner
- Account expert on the industry’s changing trends and wider marketing trends that could impact the account
- Bringer of proactive creative ideas and brand problems that could be solved in creative ways for your clients, clients of the agency and potential clients
- Experience of following traditional planning methodologies (Primary Qual and quant research to write inspiring creative briefs) that can be applied to less traditional media channels (content partnerships, social + influencer marketing)
- Able to piece together multiple points of evidence to create credible, meaningful, persuasive strategic narratives
- Experience of one-to-one planning (Working with data planners to build retention and acquisition strategies. Developing contact strategies along researched customer journeys)
- Comfortable managing research projects to inform strategies, pre-test and creative
- Role may involve building digital products; so, experience of working in an agile way with developers, experience architects and designers as important as experience working in a traditional advertising mode
- Adept in lateral, analytical and strategic thinking and able to apply creative thinking to business problems
- Experience in differentiating core advertising ideas from their executional treatments, and astute in assessing when these meet the brief and how they will influence behaviour.
- Proven to be capable of guiding and nurturing creative work that meets clients’ briefs
- Highly numerate and able to understand, interpret and use complex and varied sources of data and statistics
- Strong and persuasive communicators, able to simplify research and strategic thinking
- Fascinated by human behaviour, social trends, and how ideas influence people
- Able to give and receive feedback that supports the development of the agency’s creative work and improves the effectiveness of advertising ideas
- Sees the opportunity of creativity in non-traditional spaces and has an arsenal of nontraditional case studies to inspire clients and case studies.
Job Reference: JO-1807-137843
Salary: £45000.00 - £65000.00 per annum
Job Skill: Advertising, Agency, Content, creative, CRM, Data, direct, DM, Planning, print, Product, Strategy