The Chief Revenue Officer is a newly created leadership opportunity with responsibility for the global sales structure (c.40 sales employees), all customer acquisition and revenue objectives across the key regions EMEA, APAC & the Americas. HQ is in Zurich and so the ideal CRO would be based locally or willing to relocate in year one. The nature of the role will naturally require frequent international travel.
An exciting new venture combining existing brands that will disrupt the asset inspection and infrastructure markets. Through providing a full stack IoT enabled and SaaS based platform, the technology will protect mission-critical assets with condition assessment data and analytics for predictive asset healthcare across the buildings and infrastructure, oil and gas, transportation and energy sectors.
Owning the direction and management of the total product portfolio, including new business sales and business development operations, in this role you will be responsible for leading the sales go-to-market execution through a business model transformation and continually strengthening the sales organization to match the rapid evolution of the company in the marketplace. This position will have a significant impact on the success of the company and will have extensive interaction with the wider leadership team, providing input into key strategic decisions. Key responsibilities:
- Lead global sales efforts across multiple regions, channels and segments. Define and execute global sales strategy, establish strategic and tactical plans required to identify, qualify and win new sales opportunities.
- Transform the sales organisation to a digital driven mindset, in terms of product value, customer engagement and internal tools and processes.
- Scale and develop an A-team of sales talent at all levels to build on the existing sales footprint: ensuring the people and processes are in place to deliver on ambitious growth targets.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to managers and identify knowledge gaps and training needs within the sales teams
- Own and drive high impact initiatives to support both existing and new growth areas: ensure revenue and profitability goals are achieved across regions, with an emphasis on driving software sales and converting customer base to recurring revenue model.
- Develop a winning culture of continuous improvement through proactive actions and inspiring change.
- Bold self-starter with track record developing and continually enhancing the needed sales infrastructure and processes in growth stage companies; sales tools, onboarding, compensation plans, training and skills development, account development plans and reviews.
- Deep knowledge and experience of delivering successful business growth in sales leadership across multiple regions (US, EMEA & APAC) in technology businesses as a CRO, Chief Sales Officer, VP Sales, Head of Sales or similar: ideally a background having sold software, including SaaS, and hardware solutions throughout your career.
- Proven ability to effectively sell disruptive new products and service offerings to market.
- A ‘digital-first’ mindset: an advocate for digital transformation, you embrace the opportunities in this market and have a good appreciation of digital technologies such as smart devices, VR/AR, Big Data, IoT and predictive analytics. Previous experience successfully leading sales through a change of business model in a rapidly growing environment.
- Expert at hiring, coaching and retaining both sales leaders and individual contributors.
- A compelling communicator – able to convey executive presence with internal and external audiences, including the leadership team, customers and partners.
- Comfortable operating in a dynamic and fast-paced technology environment: a can-do attitude and the ability to execute with excellence and speed.
- Commitment to the cause and ‘mission first’ orientated: you value honesty and are of high integrity.
Job Reference: JO-1907-150950
Salary per: annum
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Industries: Sales Leadership Jobs
Job Locations: Europe
Job Types: Permanent
Job Skills: Chief Revenue Officer, Chief Sales Officer, Global Sales, SAAS, Sales Leadership, Software, VP Sales