Specialist Infrastructure Engineer – VMware, Server Technology, Windows, VOICE, VOIP, Bash, Shell, Scripting, Linux, Infrastructure. VMware, Server Technology, Windows, VOICE, VOIP, Bash, Shell, Scripting, Linux, Infrastructure
To deliver, manage and develop the companies Cloud and network infrastructure to support customer needs, growth and services as required to meet the strategic aims of the company.
- Maintain a level of expert knowledge, skills and manufacturer accreditation in line with business and supplier requirements.
- Provide technical support as a technical escalation point on the Cloud.
- Oversee the testing of new technology solutions
- Update all relevant documentation to reflect all Services and all Changes.
- Assist Presales/Product as and when requested in the design of services to meet customer requirements
- Ensure the Cloud product meets industry best practice.
- Timely and accurate Completion of paperwork as required.
- Understand processes, procedures and internal computer systems
- Managing CCR and incident tickets
- Working closely with the e.g. Project, Provisioning, Presales, NOC, Product team
- Dealing with queries both over the phone and email in a timely manner, ensuring all SLA’s are met
- Addition of new services and ceases, working closely with the provisioning and project teams to achieve results
- Working on 24/7 Oncall rota.
- Specialist product knowledge of Cloud and Security technologies
- Working experience of leading / managing major installations and / or Technical escalations.
- Have a basic understanding of the ITIL framework
- Key Manufacturer / industry accreditations
Essential Key skills
- VMware (ESXi, vCenter)
- Server Technologies (HP, Dell, SuperMicro)
- Data Centre experience (Racking servers, running cables)
- Windows server 2008/2012/2016 (DNS, AD, DHCP etc.…)
- Knowledge of SAN / NAS Technologies including RAID
- PowerShell or other scripting languages, i.e. Python, Ruby, bash.
- Experience in an ITIL environment (Change control, problem management etc.)
- Linux exposure
- Backup Technologies (VDP, VEEAM).
- Troubleshooting skills
- Skype for Business
- Web Technologies, web servers, email server.
- Automation skills, VMware orchestrator, Ansible, CHEF or Puppet
- CISCO (Layer 2 and Layer 3 technologies)
- MSSQL or other database experiences such as MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Web development such as Django, PHP etc.
- Be able to network effectively, negotiate well and influence people, broker relationships with key stakeholders within and outside any given project.
- Be able to demonstrate an analytical and systematic approach to problem solving.
- Is able to communicate fluently both orally and in writing and can present complex technical information.
- Is able to absorb rapidly new technical information and apply it effectively.
- Maintains awareness of developing technologies and their application.
- Is customer oriented, eager to learn, dynamic, flexible, motivated, committed, flexible and
Salary: £40000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits
Job Start Date: ASAP - 3 Month