Upload your CV
Upload your CV to our database.
IT Capacity Engineer (ESX, Virtualization, Converged (VCE) and Hyper-converged (Nutanix), VMWare – Distributed Platform – Banking Client – Brussels
Rate: Circa 700 per day
Duration: 6-12 months
***Full Remote working till the end of 2021. You will be required to be onsite in Brussels for 2days per week in 2022*****
The team is responsible for a full set of activities covering both Capacity and Performance aspects. It produces the “capacity plan” on a yearly basis and performs monthly follow ups; it collects the demand and forecasts the need in term of IT infrastructure; it handles capacity and performance operations to prevent Capacity and/or Performance incidents. All of this is done keeping in mind the cost impact (hardware and software) of IT infrastructure evolution.
The team is also involved in various projects, ensuring that an application is rightly sized and well-tuned before going in production. Via the projects, capacity indicators are selected to report on resource usage, quality of services and Business volumes evolution. Based on this, the team develops models to correlate resource consumption with volumes changes and quality of service.
Your part of the deal
You will work as Capacity Management Expert in the Distributed Technologies Domain.
This domain is responsible for the capacity and performance management processes covering the: Windows, Linux, ESX, Distributed Storage and Network infrastructure. Your speciality will be in the Distributed Servers area, with in particular the ESX virtualization layer deployed on Converged (VCE) and Hyper-converged (Nutanix) infrastructure.
Your main responsibilities will encompass the following activities:
– Regular monitoring of the capacity and performance of the Distributed platforms.
– Identification and Investigation of capacity and performance issues / problems.
– Report in a comprehensive manner and propose mitigating actions to your stakeholders.
– perform ad-hoc capacity and performance analysis, make recommendations and produce associated reports.
– Collaborate to the publication of the yearly capacity plan
– Organize the monthly capacity follow up meetings with Product Owners.
– Participate to projects in order to collect and validate the demand, assess the feasibility of the proposed solution and make recommendations on the Design and Sizing based on Business requirements.
– Participate in Performance testing, analyse the performance data, propose changes to optimise resource usage and performance, make recommendations and produce the Performance and Capacity Test Report.
– Build capacity models to correlate Business Volumes with Resource utilisation and Service levels. This will require an in depth understanding of the Business Drivers and Service Level Agreements on the banks platforms.
These activities are done based on the team’s standard monitoring and reporting tools: VMware VROPs, Nutanix Prism, Perfmon, Linux PCP, Splunk and SSRS. Whenever needed, you’ll have to setup automated data collection and reporting (for the team and the customer).
– proven experience (senior level) with capacity management and performance engineering processes.
– good analytical skills to create complex forecasting models combining business and service metrics with IT resource metrics. All this mainly for Converged (VCE vBlock) and Hyper-Converged (Nutanix) infrastructure running Windows or Linux Operating Systems on a VMWare ESX hypervisor.
– experience with one or more of the following capacity and performance tools: Perfmon, Linux PCP, Splunk, SSRS, Dynatrace, VMware VROPs, Nutanix PRISM.
– good knowledge of SQL language (writing queries) and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) or Power BI (capabilities of creating SQL queries and build reporting). Also a good level of expertise in Excel is a must.
– good English communication skills (written and spoken) and you are able to create synthetic complex understandable capacity / performance reports adapted to the audience / customers: management, business or technical people.
– a collaborative mind-set; you are a team player and willing to share knowledge with your colleagues.
– an analytical mind-set and an understanding of statistics; you are able to analyse and correlate data.
– autonomous with great leadership skills, taking ownership and/or initiatives.
– continuous improvement oriented and ready to propose and drive improvement initiatives.
– ready to extend your knowledge and participate to other capacity management activities within the team.
As a plus:
– experience in Agile and DevOps organizations.
– experience with Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor.
– experience with Cloud capacity management.
– experience with REST API .
– experience in Business and Service Capacity management.
– experience in other capacity / performance engineering tools which could bring added value to the team.
– expertise in the capacity/performance management process for Network and Distributed storage technologies, using network capacity / performance monitoring tools like SevOne, Netscout, Arista, Cisco Prime, HPNA, Palo Alto – Panorama.
Please do send across to me the most up to date copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org