Senior Systems Administrator – £40,000 – £65,000 depending on experience – London
AWS, MySql, TCP/IP, Windows 7-10, Linux, Ubuntu – System Administrator
Purpose of the Role
The Senior System Administrator role at is responsible for ensuring our Sys Admin & Support team is operating effectively and that we have appropriate processes in place to govern our use of technical infrastructure. You work will be directly responsible for helping Technology scale its business globally. This role also provides First Line Application Support as required, as do all of our technology roles.
- Architecture You are responsible for the current network architecture in the company.
- You are responsible for ensuring that IT Support processes are following established governance patterns.
- Networking Ensure that there are documented processes for setup of PCs and Servers.
- You ensure that processes are in place for the provision of IT Support.
- You configure network connections including routers, internet, VPNs, Wi-Fi and ethernet connections.
- Administration You ensure that internal user accounts are managed in a manner consistent with our Information Security and governance
- You ensure systems are patched and within support.
- You are the guardian of our Production environments, including Database servers.
- Support As required you will provide First Line Application Support for our Enterprise product.
- Reporting You ensure that information is reported monthly to support our OKR management system.
You are responsible for line management of other Systems Administrators, including 1-2-1s, goal setting and career development.
Skills & Experience – Qualifications
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator or AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner desirable.
- Professional Experience Must be familiar enough to troubleshoot and maintain: Windows 7-10 PCs, Windows Server 2012-2016 Linux, Ubuntu 14.04+ or similar MacOS
Experience maintaining a grid computing cluster, such as Apache Ignite is highly desirable.
- DBA experience is highly desirable.
- Experience with MySQL monitoring, backup & restore essential.
- Experience of TCP/IP networks is essential.
- Experience in automating management of systems and applications using BASH, Perl or Python is essential.
- Experience with Google G Suite desirable.
- Experience with Virtualization/Containers essential.
- Experience with Active Directory essential.
- Experience working within ITIL or ISO27001 certified environments is essential.
Job Reference: JO-2011-195551
Salary: £45000 - £60000.00 per annum
Salary per: annum
Job Start Date:
Job Industries: Cloud Infrastructure & EUC
Job Locations: Greater London
Job Types: Permanent
Job Skills: AWS, Linux, MySQL, TCP/IP, Ubuntu - System Administrator, Windows 7-10