My client requires a Windows Desktop Engineer to provide technical expertise to resolve faults and compliance issues with Windows Desktop devices. This will involve liaising with other support teams and engineering, and adhering to the relevant incident, problem, event and request processes.
This will be an initial 5 month contract and there will be some expectation to be on-site later in the year.
- Resolution of Incidents and Problems impacting the Windows Desktop Service
- Liaising with Engineering to ensure future releases are reliable and supportable
- Remediation activities relating to compliance metrics for desktop protection
- Management of OS and non-OS patching of Windows devices
- Maintenance of GPOs for Live service domains
- Support of the Appsense-based Windows Desktop privileged access service.
- Knowledge of Windows desktop and laptop hardware components
- Adherence to global IPC management processes.
- Extensive knowledge of supporting large and complex Windows Desktop services
- Good awareness of security risk issues in the Windows Desktop environment.
- Excellent communication & stakeholder management skills
- Track record of delivering Windows Desktop service improvements and compliance remediation.
- · Proven leadership capability in co-ordinating others to assist in complex technical fault resolutions
- Strong assertiveness & negotiation skills
- Good knowledge of the Incident and Change Management process based on ITIL framework
- Excellent analytical skills – with the ability to identify trends on change data and set appropriate actions
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications;
- Possesses solid knowledge of most of the following
- Windows Desktop OS
- Windows Desktop Anti-virus and encryption tools
- MS Office products
- Windows Desktop browsers, IE and Chrome
- Group Policy Administration
- Profile-based privileged access solutions
- SCCM deployment tooling
Job Reference: JO-2108-245466
Salary: £350.00 - £450.00 per day
Salary per: day
Job Duration: 5 Months
Job Start Date: 06/09/2021
Job Industries: Cloud Infrastructure & EUC
Job Locations: Cheshire
Job Types: Contract