Upload your CV
Upload your CV to our database.
Salt is currenly hiring for one of it’s Banking clients in Brussels for a Windows support engineer.
The Windows Support Engineering team is responsible for the 2nd and 3rd level support for 2000+ Windows (Physical & VM) servers running various applications. The team is also responsible for architectural designs of some critical services like File Server as well as accountable and responsible for the stability of Windows environments and Sofware patching .
The team provides onsite cover between the hours of 08:00 and 18:00 Mon – Fri, and also provides watch duty cover outside of office hours.
In the frame of Clients projects and system administration, the Windows Support Engineer will be responsible for providing 2nd level & 3rd support of Windows servers (2008, 2012 , 2016 and 2019) in a complex and hybrid environment consisting on the following responsibilities:
* Follow-up of production & Non poduction environment problems and change requests (ITIL and AGILE processes )
* Management of File & Print, Backups, restores and associated infrastructures like Falcon.
* Contribution to roadmap projects.
* Manage software package & security patching via SCCM
* Providing 2nd level & 3rd support during business hours (onsite Production and non-production support run from 8:00 till 18:00 CET).
* Knowledge of scripting language is a must : Poweshell, SQL,
* Proven experience in managing and supporting SCCM is a must
* Proven experience in managing and supporting Windows servers environments (2008, 2012, 2016 and 2019) on a Virtual environment (Vmware)
* Very good knowledge on one or more infrastructure areas: File Servers, Print servers, DNS, AD, Cohesity, NAS, SAN) is a plus.
* Knowledge of clustering solutions and server hardware technology (HP, UCS, vblock …).
* Knowledge of networking basics and TCP/IP.GPO, KMV
In this function, you are able to:
* Learn a lot in a limited period of time and to be self-study oriented.
* Easily adapt to Change / technologies / procedures.
* Handle administrative tasks and work in a demanding operational context.
* Be stress resistant and constructive whatever the context.
* Act as a true team player and to demonstrate good interpersonal skills.
* Summarize complex technical situation in simple terms.
* Be solution and client oriented.
* Balance quality and speed
What we offer
This position allows you to contribute to the support of the Windows. The clients environment is complex and hybrid : Multi forest – multi domains – multi systems and multi- zones (DMZ, SAN, NAS, links to other platforms such as mainframe, unix, tandem, networking elements). This role gives you the opportunity to work with recent technologies that will require you to continuously develop your experience and skills.