We are looking for an experienced Application Support Developer to join one of the worlds leading providers for Pre and Post graduate professional qualifications in Europe and the US. This unique opportunity will allow you to primarily work from home but you will be heavily involved in the teams in their London offices and will report to senior stakeholders both in the UK and the US.
- Providing diagnostic and analysis incident support for identified internal applications;
- Supporting business requirements through provision of application services;
- Providing technical expertise for identified applications, sharing knowledge as appropriate through intranet documentation and running training sessions
- Carry out application development.
- Ensure business objectives are applied appropriately to all business activities.
- Develop effective relationships with all staff, and be recognised as providing a supporting role.
- Identify business opportunities, and be aware of the associated risks.
- Anticipate and understand customer expectations, and ensure customer requirements are met and appropriately managed.
- Build professional relationships with customers and suppliers, and focus on solving their problems.
- Strong communication skills
- Determining a course of action by breaking it down into smaller steps and by planning and resourcing each of these, making allowance for potential problems.
- Promote business strategies, policies and procedures. Aware of how the organisation operate
- Contribute effectively towards the objectives of a team, and be able to share knowledge, ideas and information.
- Solve problems in a measured and creative way. Capable of independently assessing a wide variety of tasks, and be proactive in relation to identifying and undertaking activities that are to the benefit of the business.
- Good at identifying goals and objectives, and motivating others towards their achievement.
- Undertake tasks with a positive attitude and respond well to management and client requests. Working locations may include a variety of internal and client sites. Must be prepared to meet business goals and respond well to change.
Qualifications and experience:
- MCSD, MCSE, OCP
- Providing tech support of applications and knowledge of industry standard (ISO 9001)
- Familiar with PHP and .NET applications
- Development tools – (Visual Studio, Oracle)
- Running programming code
- SQL Query
- Good at problem solving and maintaining a strategic objective
For more information, please send your CV to Jbalabat@welovesalt.com
Salary: £35000 - £45000 per annum + benefits