An exciting and rewarding open position for an experienced Security Engineer. This international media conglomerate is looking to on-board a versatile Security Engineer to join their Cyber program on a hybrid working basis (2 DAYS A WEEK MINIMUM) at their London HQ.
This contract is scheduled to run for 6 months with the likelihood of an extension, accompanied by a daily rate outside IR-35. My client is looking for Engineer’s well-versed with working across technology infrastructure. Previous experience in the media sector is preferable.
- Extensive knowledge of Windows, Linux/Unix, Network
- Knowledge of Firewall, IDS, Data Encryption, DLP etc.
- Strong understanding of Active Directory, DNS, LDAP and Okta
- Understanding of security and compliance frameworks such as CIS, NIST, ISO27001.
- Previous experience of having used enterprise DLP products whilst installing configuring and managing these in the past.
- Very strong understanding of AWS platform.
- Proven experience with log management and/or SIEM technologies such as Splunk or Log Rhytm.
- Knowledge of cloud and containers. Excellent understanding and experience with the following IT categories: Network Security, Vulnerability Management, Access Control, Device and Network Hardening methods.
- Strong understanding of SOAR technologies and implementation.
- Previous experience of deploying, configuring and managing Network Detection and Response (NDR) and Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) tools within an enterprise environment.
- Expertise in these domains; Security Architecture and Engineering, Communication and Network Security, Identity and Access Management (IAM), Security Assessment and Testing.
- Experience of implementing, configuring and tuning security tools and technologies in a geographically dispersed environment.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Good written language skills.
- Gain a thorough understanding of the security engineering culture and becoming embedded into the landscape of tools, technologies and solutions that form the backbone of delivery of security management.
- Interacting with colleagues in different time zones, different level of expertise and understanding and in different cultures.
- Provide expert support on the technical aspects of delivery of programs.
- The deployment, configuration and management of new security tools, solutions and services.
- Ensure various security tools, technologies and solutions are properly placed, configured and fine-tuned to provide the visibility and data that ensures this organisation can proactively identify, respond and mitigate threats and vulnerabilities across the global function.
- Effectively liaise and collaborate with teams inside and outside of the respective department, including infrastructure, Networking, Digital Workplace, DevOps and engineering colleagues.
- Continuously monitor and test the tools and solutions deployed, ensuring the goals of the security strategy and program are met.
- Actively take part in project management life-cycles and demonstrate expertise when working on large security improvement programs.
Job Reference: JO-5255-5929
Salary: £550 - £600 per day + Outside IR35
Salary per: day
Job Duration: 6 Months
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Industries: Cyber Security Jobs
Job Locations: City of London
Job Types: Contract