Head of Data Insight
A rare opportunity for a Head of Data Insight has arisen to join a strategic consultancy and data services proposition building on existing capabilities of its US business. You will drive the development and growth of this strategically important service and play a key role leading client engagement.
As Head of Data Insight you will bring together new, exciting and unique data sets to form a series of compelling stories, which enable transformational change and lead to improved business performance. Working with Data Scientists, Analysts and Engineers; you will lead the entire data team and the departments engagement with executives, partners and senior stakeholders.
The company engages audiences, reduce costs, drive revenues and increase compliance by assisting customers executing multi-channel communication strategies. The company innovate technologies and enhance digital and print communications to deliver integrated messages across multiple media to highly targeted audiences for clients across the globe.
As Head of Data Insight you will
- Head up the data department and be responsible for developing the team’s culture, hiring standards and policies and develop and oversee the adoption of the data science vision.
- Initiate data science programs with a view of improving performance but also with a focus on revenue growth and achievement of the business’ overall targets and objectives.
- Develop new insights, advanced modeling techniques, and data science capabilities and be responsible for the preparation of white papers, presentations, and scientific publications.
- Mentor and encourage the professional growth of key data science personnel.
- Build and manage new data tables that support data collection in the department, cross-channel data integration, data visualisation, dashboards, data mining and predictive analytics.
- Leverage data science tools and techniques to analyse large data-sets enabling you to develop models and algorithms to uncover insights, trends, and patterns in the data.
- Be responsible for the evaluation of analytics and machine learning technologies in use in the business.
- Design and architect data processing pipelines for the department and utilise SQL and other languages and technologies to extract and process data.
Head of Data Insight requirements:
- You will have a PhD or master’s degree in Statistics, Machine Learning, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics or similar field.
- Be commercially experienced in data science, preferably working as a Head of Data Science. You will also have successful experience leading a data science team through the implementation of new data science models, tools, and techniques that lead to improvement.
- You will have extensive experience solving analytical issues through quantitative approaches and machine learning methods as well as vast experience using advanced statistical methods, data mining techniques because you will need to be comfortable analysing and manipulating large, complex, high-dimensional data from numerous sources.
- You will bring experience working big data technologies such as SQL, Hadoop and experienced with a programming language such as Python and proficient with a scripting language such as R.
- As you will review and prepare contract provisions; it is advantageous if you are familiar with the main tenets of the law concerning data protection, personal consent and intellectual property.
- You will need to have exceptional communication skills in order to be able to tailor and convey technical messages in a clear and understandable manner, leading to business-wide improvement of data management, decision making, and improvement in performance.
- You will be an expert in the use of Microsoft Office and Google Suite, all necessary for the creation of both visually and verbally engaging documents and presentations to clients. You must have demonstrable skills in SQL server reporting services, Tableau, analysis services, Salesforce, integration services, or any other data visualisation tools.
- You will be capable of using SQL to query databases and an expert working with both relational and non-relational databases such as SQL, Redshift, PostgreSQL, or Vertica. You will be highly familiar with modern machine learning techniques for classification and regression as well as knowledge of A/B testing, experimental design, and general statistical modeling.
- You will be result-driven, strategic, a creative thinker, highly analytical and be highly organised, be a team player and comfortable working in cross-functional teams. You will be comfortable working with business executives and top leadership, be proactive and a self-starter, and have an ability to stay calm in times of adversity and uncertainty.
- You will have exceptional leadership skills, portraying an ability to lead a cross-functional group in a unified direction as well as an ability to influence and move top business leadership and executives.
In return you will be offered a competitive salary, work with the latest technology and play a pivotal role leading the evolution and execution of the company’s data science teams and provisional services.
Job Reference: JO-1802-132890
Salary: £80000.00 - £100000 per annum
Job Start Date: 07/05/2018