Analytics Manager – Banking – Brussels
Duration: 6 months
Rate: €600 – €800
My client is looking for an Analytics Manager. The teams deliver new IT solutions and improve existing applications for both our internal and external clients. We deploy changes into the production environment in a controlled and structured way that does not compromise production stability and we ensure applicative production support.
The Data Analytics team supports the needs for advanced analytics from all their entities. The team helps to transform data into insights using techniques such as text mining, machine learning, process mining, network analytics, predictive modelling.
The Advanced Analytics team in Group Data Capabilities division is currently looking for an Analytics Demand Manager whose core objectives will be to:
- The goal is to support the team that is responsible for the demand of analytics use cases towards the data lake. The person is responsible to design and implement a structured intake process for new demand, ensuring there is good understanding of the request, the benefits, the priority and a high level impact analysis so that it can be added to the proper teams’ product backlog. The process should also capture data governance and security aspects (like master source information, data ownership, data classification, retention, etc).
- After having designed a process, the person would need to meet with the different demanding parties to structure and complete the current backlog as well as create a view on what’s ahead as input for capacity planning. The purpose of all this is to integrate with the yearly and quarterly planning processes and to integrate it with a transversal priority board for the data lake that is currently being piloted by the Data Programme.
Additionally you will:
- Bring expertise from previous projects on data management practices
- Work together with the existing team to improve our approach of bringing data under governance, ensuring transversal alignment with other use cases
- On-board the companies internal data experts and ensure handover to internal stakeholders;
- Identify the most appropriate data sources to use for a given purpose and understand their structures and contents, in collaboration with subject matter experts.
- Actively support the reporting teams in the data exploration and data preparation phases.
- Liaise with IT infrastructure teams to address infrastructure issues and to ensure that the components and software used on the platform are all consistent
Having experience with these are a must:
- Analysis and creation of data pipelines, data architecture, ETL/ELT development and with processing structured and unstructured data
- Have a true agile mindset, capable and willing to take on tasks outside of her/his core competencies to help the team.
- Knowledge of AGILE development methods such as SCRUM
- Experience in working with customers to identify and clarify requirements
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills, good customer relationship skills.
- Strong interest in the financial industry and related data.
- You have knowledge about Data Governance: you understand the foundational concepts like databases, metadata, business glossary, data dictionary and traceability.
- You are eager to gain further experience in the field of Data Governance. You are a fast learner.
- You have Project Management experience. You are able to work with people from different areas (Business and IT) through strong inter-personal skills (active listening, empathy, influencing).
- You are a team-player with people focus and able to work with various colleagues across the organization.
- You have a passion for data and its added value and you have the strong desire to transform the companies culture into a data culture.
- You apply a pragmatic approach to deliver results at a steady pace.
Having experience with these are an asset:
- Collibra Data Governance Centre (or a similar Data Governance solution)
- Understanding of the Hadoop ecosystem including Hadoop file formats like Parquet and ORC
- Experience with open source technologies used in Data Analytics like Spark, Pig, Hive, HBase, Kafka, …
- Knowledge of Cloudera, IBM mainframe
Job Reference: JO-2109-246404
Salary: €600 - €800 per day
Salary per: day
Job Duration: 6 Months
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Industries: Data Jobs
Job Locations: Greater London
Job Types: Contract