Data Governance Project Manager (Collibra, End to End Delivery) (Collibra, Data Governance Solutions, End to End Delivery) – Banking – Brussels
Duration: 1 year contracting Role
Remote Working Option
I am currently working with a Banking Client at Present who are based in Brussels. They are currently looking to expand their Data Governance division with the hire of an independent IT Project Manager on a Freelance / Contract basis for 1 year.
You will work in a challenging environment, taking full ownership of your projects and committing on the quality of the delivery in production.
You are responsible for the END TO END DELIVERY of your projects, including :
- Delivery of the project scope on time, budget and with the expected quality
- Writing of comprehensive project memos, allowing the Business Sponsor and IT management to take relevant decisions
- Providing regular status to Project Sponsor and various stake-holders
- Monitoring of Business Case
- Organizing and ensuring the quality assurance of the different project deliverables
To be successful, you will have to :
- Develop and maintain project plans and forecasts, including resource requirements, costs, risks and their mitigations and dependencies with other projects
- Manage virtual teams across various divisions and entities, including third party suppliers in India
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with your customers, providing advice, guidance and options with regards IT investments
- Define deliverables, assign their production to project team members and monitor progress and quality of those deliverables, ensuring they respect the planning while maintaining good relationships
- Manage the staffing of assigned projects and monitor budget spent
- Lead the risk, issue and change control processes for assigned projects, build action plan to mitigate risks/solve issues and track action items
- Control and monitor the progress of projects, reporting to the Roadmap Manager and the Sponsorship Committee
- Manage the project according to the internal standards (methodology & tools)
MANDATORY (YOU MUST HAVE THIS) requirements:
- Proven experience in managing END TO END IT FUNCTIONAL projects of more than 2000 mandays (with a team coordination of 10 persons) demonstrating you were able to change the culture of the business
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the different dimensions described previously in this job posting as project manager in IT
- Speak/write English fluently
OPTIONAL (but recommended) requirements:
- You have knowledge about Data Governance: you understand the foundational concepts like databases, metadata, business glossary, data dictionary and traceability.
- You are eager to gain further experience in the field of Data Governance. You are a fast learner.
- You have a passion for data and its added value for the Bank and you have the strong desire to transform the culture into a data culture.
- You apply a pragmatic approach to deliver results at a steady pace.
- Strong leadership skills to adapt your style according to the situation and to the different stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills (listening, writing and presenting) at all levels, from staff members to senior management level
- Ability to learn quickly in a complex environment and to synthesize the situation
- Strong negotiation skills, conflict management and influencing skills at different levels of management
- Effectively delegate tasks and responsibilities while maintaining overall control and being persistent and assertive in driving tasks to completion
- Certification in PRINCE 2 and/or PMI, or similar IT frameworks
- Experience in Banking Sector & functional knowledge of Banking business
- Experience with agile methodology
- Experience with Collibra Data Governance (or a similar data governance solution)
- Experience with outsourcing partners
Please do send the most up to date copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Reference: 64637478483232
Salary: €600 - €800 per annum
Salary per: annum
Job Duration: 12 months
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Industries: Data Jobs
Job Locations: Europe
Job Types: Contract