Data Manager – Oil and Gas – Remote
Rate: £450 – £550
Duration: 6 months
My new client is looking for a Data Manager to join the team, ideally we would like someone with oil and gas and/or retail experience.
- Lead, grow, develop and manage cross-discipline teams of data managers, data engineers, data analysts, data scientists and software engineers that writes, deploys and maintains data products.
- Create positive engagement and drive an inclusive work environment with team and stakeholders including product owners, product managers and portfolio managers.
- Effectively work with cross-disciplinary collaborators and stakeholders across multiple business entities to understand use cases, data requirements and value cases.
- Provide support to the squads providing technical guidance, managing dependencies and risks
- Review and ensure use case, value case, and ensure acceptance criteria, definition of done and KPIs are clearly captured, tracked, and aligned with the digital and data strategy
- Set and implement data standards, co-design data and identify opportunities to (semi-) automate manual data processes wherever possible.
- Provide deep data domain knowledge and business context around data sources and data products.
- Work with business partners to coordinate data remediation plans to ensure data sets and data products meet business requirements.
- Cleanse, transform, reconcile, and standardise data to ensure high quality data is available to meet business requirements.
- Identify new and impactful opportunities to automate processes and collaborate with data engineers to build new tools and approaches to automate data ingestion, data integration, manipulation, and quality control, where needed.
- Adhere to and advocate for data management best practices.
- Create articulate materials to communicate delivery plan, value delivered and cost
- Present results to peers and senior management, influencing decision making.
Years of Experience:
- Experience (typically 3+ years) leading, growing, and developing a data team
- Hands-on experience (typically 8+ years) in data management, data governance and process automation in complex, global environments.
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills essential.
- Customer-centric and pragmatic mindset. Focus on value delivery and swift execution, while maintaining attention to detail.
- Strong business acumen.
- Applied knowledge of data management and governance across all data lifecycle stages essential.
- Deep understanding of data models, data standards and processes essential.
- Experience of delivery of data products within cloud platforms such as Azure and AWS
- Foundational data transformation and manipulation skills
- SQL and scripting in R or python preferred.
- Experience with big data technologies (e.g. Hadoop, Hive, and Spark) is a plus.
- Ability to lead large organisations through influence.
- Continuous learning and improvement mindset.
- MSc in a scientific or quantitative field preferred.
- Deep knowledge and hands-on experience in technologies across all data lifecycle stages
- Strong stakeholder management and ability to lead large organisations through influence
Job Reference: JO-2107-245284
Salary: £500 - £600 per day
Salary per: day
Job Start Date:
Job Industries: Data Jobs
Job Locations: Greater London
Job Types: Contract