Calling all data scientists!
I’m working with an ambitious SaaS-enabled marketplace startup to build out their analytics team.
- Founded in 2015, with a current team of 85
- Currently processing over 9 million monthly bookings, with an annual value over $5bn
- Raised $33m in VC funding, including a $20m Series B round in 2019
- Built software from the ground up using in-house engineering team
They are looking for the brightest minds to drive their fast-growing analytics function – your work will inform their global strategy across Product, Commercial and Operations. This will involve transforming huge volumes of raw, unstructured data into usable insights.
- Working closely with the Global Operations team to assess data and reporting needs, build the necessary data structure, develop business performance reports and dashboards to streamline the decision-making process
- Acquiring, processing, and visualising data from primary or secondary data sources and maintaining databases and reports
- Query, synthesise, interpret, and analyze results using statistical techniques, and provide ongoing reports
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets from multiple sources
- Work closely with engineering and product development teams to understand user behaviour, and synthesise data into actionable insights and recommendations
- Maintain or update business intelligence tools, databases, dashboards, systems, or methods
- Document specifications for business intelligence reports, analyses, dashboards, or other outputs
- Strong experience in SQL for querying, analysis and visualisation
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (e.g. R, SAS, etc.)
- Strength in programming languages (Python and R preferred) for cleansing data, running advanced analytics, and building predictive models
- Advanced data processing capabilities (e.g. semantic analyses, language processing, text parsing, etc.) to add structure to raw data sources
- Analytical mind and business acumen, including ability to digest insights from data into reports and present findings clearly and succinctly
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, mine, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience using data visualisation tools (e.g. Periscope Data, Tableau) to analyse data and automate reporting
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, Information Systems, etc.), or equivalent experience
Please get in touch at apetrenco@welovesalt – I can’t wait to hear from you.
Job Reference: JO-1912-155889
Salary: £50000.00 - £70000.00 per annum
Salary per: annum
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Industries: Data Jobs, Product Management, Software Engineering Jobs
Job Locations: Greater London
Job Types: Permanent