The Senior Oracle DBA reports into the DBA Team Leader.
- Ownership and leadership of technical resolution for high severity production
- Adherence to standards for change control, security and design patterns.
- Take part in the technical team during disaster recovery and business continuity exercises
- Define operational procedures and documentation
- Provide on-call rota support where required
- Lead and define network delivery requirements for Service Improvement Unit initiatives
- Design and lead internal projects and deliveries aligned with the database roadmap
- Support the architect and product teams in developing the database roadmap.
- Identify new technologies and services to transform the database service offering
- Mentor the global technical team to build a high-performing technical delivery environment
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
- Work with Project Managers, Development and Service Managers to ensure project delivery meets the estate requirements.
- Expert knowledge of database administration on distributed platforms
- Knowledge of the ITIL framework, vocabulary and best practices
- Expert in working with Vendor technical support staff, including vendor development teams
- Expertise in defining technical plans and procedures
- Expert in multiple versions of oracle 11g, 12c plus strong working knowledge of at least one other database technology
- Expert knowledge of RMAN, Data Guard, OEM, Audit Vault, plus third-party products such as Foglight, Precise, Imperva
- Demonstrable experience of database performance tuning and capacity management on critical customer-facing systems and high-volume payments services
- Experience of working in a highly regulated environment and the associated processes and tools
- Have a strong working knowledge of infrastructure components and the processes required to maintain the infrastructure
- Have a good understanding of the business areas and application / service components used and an appreciation of applications from both a technical and business perspective.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Oracle certified Professional (OCP) – Oracle 12c or 11g
- Oracle Certified Data Guard Expert – Oracle 12c or 11g
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- Oracle Certified Performance Tuning Expert – Oracle 12c or 11g
- Oracle Certified Maximum Availability Expert – Oracle 12c or 11g
- Oracle GoldenGate 12c Implementation Specialist – Oracle 12c or 11g
Job Reference: JO-1808-139042
Salary: £400.00 - £410 per day