Marklogic Developer – Digital Business – Java, XML, XSLT, XQuery, NOSQL – London Bridge
Length: 3-6 months
This is an urgent requirement for my client who are looking to hire 2 contractors to join his team.
Must have an excellent understanding of Marklogic.
- Hands on experience with MarkLogic, XML databases or transformation engines, and no-SQL database technologies
- Good knowledge of XML, XPath, XSLT, XQuery, JSON, Java/J2EE.
- Hands on experience in Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns
- Experience in REST web services.
- Client-focused, working independently and simultaneously across multiple projects
- Capture and documentation of customer requirements and transformation into software design specifications / user stories
- Writes structured well-documented code to deliver scalable software solutions
- Good communication, able to write clear and concise documentation for technical and non-technical audiences
- Team player with effective time management
- Strong problem-solvingf skills and attention to detail
- Ability to peer review and provide feedback on others work
- Consistently technically abreast of existing, new and emerging technologies to complement solutions
- Willing to be flexible with shift work.
- Assist in the creating detailed technical design documentation & estimates
- Implementing unit tests
- Develop code as per the specifications and coding standards
- Ensure all code passes unit testing with appropriate code coverage
- Assist in peer reviews of other team members code
- Provide feedback on process to refine where necessary
- Liaise with Technical Lead, Testers and any other project stakeholders both verbally and in writing
- Technical support, including assisting with on-call support.
Experience in the following technologies is required:
- Experience with MarkLogic, XML databases or transformation engines, and no-SQL database technologies
- Good knowledge of XML, XPath, XSLT, XQuery, JSON, Java/ J2EE
- Experience with XQuery and XML development experience using XPath, XSLT, or XQuery
- Experience on building search applications using the search capabilities of MarkLogic
- Experience on leveraging the different indexes available in MarkLogic
- Experience with MarkLogic Content Pump (mlcp)
- Experience with developing RESTful APIs
- Experience with API development using XQuery with handling JSON, XML, RDF, geospatial data, text, and large binaries
- Experience with performance tuning of the queries
- Experience in designing and developing/ coding software components in core java, MarkLogic Xquery, API development
- Proficient in Core Java and RDBMS
Qualifications and Experience
- Educated to degree level or higher in Computer Science or a related technology field.
- Experienced MarkLogic developer with a history of implementing robust and high quality applications according to specification documents / user stories.
- More than 3 years’ experience with MarkLogic.
- Experience of the software development lifecycle and Agile development methodologies.
- Experience of providing client facing support is an advantage.
Please send across to me the most up to date copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Reference: 73628349920403
Salary: £600 - £700 per day