DevOps Engineer – £40,000 – £65,000 – London – AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Windows
The role holder will be responsible for the configuration and on-going management of the companies cloud PaaS/IaaS, including working with platforms such as WordPress configured on AWS
The role holder will work collaboratively with our software engineers to deploy and operate systems, help automate and streamline operations and processes, help troubleshoot issues within multiple environments and also help improve and secure the systems that keep the backend infrastructure running smoothly.
Our DevOps team is building and maintaining our next generation micro service API’s, WordPress management plugins, performance monitoring platform and systems automation tools around Amazon Web Services, therefore, the successful candidate must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in developing, deploying and maintaining large Amazon AWS based SaaS solution to be considered for this position.
- Deploying, automating, maintaining and managing AWS cloud-based production systems, to ensure the availability, performance, scalability and security of these systems.
- Collaborating with teams who are provisioning infrastructure in a DevOps environment
- Build, release and configuration management of production systems.
- Pre-production Acceptance Testing to help assure the quality of our products or services.
- System troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains.
- Suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements.
- Evaluate new technology options and vendor products.
- Ensuring critical system security through the use of best in class cloud security solutions.
- Working with other IT, applications and business intelligence teams to guarantee high data quality and availability
- Strong influencing skills with the ability to influence and negotiate for time and resources at all levels.
- Evidence of success in building and managing relationships with high level stakeholders.
- Organisational awareness with the ability to operate with confidence and credibility across all functions of the Company.
IT, Administrative and Organisational Skills:
- Experience with security controls i.e. VPNs, encryption & key/certificate management, endpoint protection, virtual firewalls/ACLs/NSGs, setting up bastion nodes, etc
- Experience connecting cloud infrastructure to on-prem networks (VPNs, tunnelling, AD connectors, routing)
- Experience in architecture/engineering of cloud-based distribution systems
- Background in Distributed Systems, Databases, Security, Networking & Load Balancing, Monitoring, Scripting & Automation
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills, with the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines and to demonstrate an effective and resourceful approach to addressing issues
- AWS: 2+ years’ experience with using a broad range of AWS technologies (e.g. EC2, RDS, ELB, EBD, S3, VPC, Glacier, IAM, CloudWatch, KMS) to develop and maintain an Amazon AWS based cloud solution, with an emphasis on best practice cloud security.
- DevOps: Solid experience as a DevOps Engineer in a 24×7 uptime Amazon AWS environment, including automation experience with configuration management tools.
- Scripting Skills: Strong scripting and automation skills.
- Operating Systems: Windows and Linux system administration.
- Monitoring Tools: Experience with system monitoring tools (e.g. Zabbix, Nagios).
- Problem Solving: Ability to analyse and resolve complex infrastructure resource and application deployment issues.
Desired Skills (Not essential but beneficial to have):
- DB Skills: Good database administration experience (Oracle, SQL Server).
- Agile Methodologies: Experience with Agile software development, project management methodologies.
- Version Control: Experience administrating version control systems such as SVN.
- Networking: Understanding network topologies and common network protocols and services (DNS, HTTP(S), SSH, FTP, SMTP).
Job Reference: SKDevOps
Salary: £46000 - £65000 per annum + benefits
Salary per: annum
Job Start Date: ASAP - 3 Month
Job Industries: DevOps and Cloud Jobs
Job Locations: Greater London
Job Types: Permanent
Job Skills: AWS, DevOps, docker, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Windows