Enterprise Solutions Architect – Banking Client – Brussels
- Rate: €800 – €1000
- 1-day remote working
- Duration: 1 year
MUST HAVE DEMONSTRABLE EXPERIENCE:
- 1/ good command of English (written & spoken)
- 2/ 3-5-year experience as enterprise architect (ideally in a global/central/group enterprise architecture unit)
- 3/ We need the person to be quickly productive => fast learner, result-oriented, autonomous, up-to-speed with today’s themes (digital transformation, cloud, AI, agile, etc.), able to tap on external resources (own network, etc.) when required
The Enterprise Architecture team (EA) is a multi-disciplinary group of experienced architects in charge of:
- Defining the enterprise architecture directions & standards aligned to the company strategies & goals,
- Creating business cases to develop or transform the IT capabilities supporting the business units’ strategies,
- Maintaining a multi-year IT plan & technology roadmap, and providing steer for the decisions on IT investments,
- Defining IT architecture solutions (integrated process, applications, data and technology) to business problems in alignment with the enterprise architecture directions and guiding the IT development teams during solution realization.
Your part of the deal:
- You take a leading role in identifying the strategies required to support the long-term objectives of a major IT function.
- You develop business cases for major evolutions of our IT capabilities and you syndicate a wide range of senior stakeholders within business and IT (up to C-level).
- You contribute to the maintenance of the multi-year IT plan and participate to the related decision making (portfolio management).
- You cope with systems & problems of the most complex nature that span across functions / locations / organizations.
- You lead a small team of architects, i.e. manage and motivate them; review and assess their performance; support their professional development and enable them to optimize their contribution to the department.
- You manage, monitor and continuously improve the Enterprise Architecture processes
- You drive the definition of “architecture blueprints” to clarify & refine the capabilities, the building blocks & the roadmap supporting major IT transformation initiatives. In this context,
- You ensure a proper translation of business needs into a set of structured business process, knowledge, technology, and organization specifications that satisfy the clients’ strategic and operational objectives,
- You are responsible for understanding and assessing the clients’ needs, identifying issues & opportunities (incl. new & innovative technologies) and recommending appropriate solutions.
- You have worked for more than 10 years in the IT industry and more than 5 year in the wholesale financial IT sector.
- You have worked as lead architect on large-scale transformation projects (> €10 mio) developing and deploying core transactional applications in the financial IT sector, or you have a proven experience as senior Enterprise Architect in companies comparable
- You have a proven experience in setting up & applying formal architecture governance.
- You have a proven experience in leading a small team of architects.
- You can tackle autonomously all types of architectural analysis and can provide global & pragmatic recommendations adapted to the company context.
- You have a strong desire to make a difference: you are convinced that small focused cross-functional teams can significantly improve the business alignment and the value of proposed solutions in terms of TCO, risk, time-to-market and future agility.
- You are conceptual and creative: you are able to recognize common patterns or generic aspects in elements that seem unrelated at first sight, and to transpose existing solutions in a creative fashion to new situations.
- You are a strong problem-solver: you demonstrate strong analytical skills (e.g. breaking up & structuring complex problems into manageable pieces), you can apply them to problems spanning across multiple architectural domains, you strive for a pragmatic approach (80/20 rule) and you focus on tangible and actionable results.
- You identify the need for change and propose solutions that are innovative and have a significant strategic impact.
- You are able to work with people from different areas (Business and IT) through strong inter-personal skills (active listening, empathy, influencing) and to steer working groups.
- You are able to effectively communicate and advocate for the architecture recommendations vis-à-vis project delivery teams and senior business and IT management of the company.
- A strong command of English is required.
- Knowledge of post-trade market infrastructures (e.g. CSD), knowledge of Enterprise Architecture frameworks (e.g. TOGAF) and relevant experience with Agile operating models and frameworks are extra assets.
Please do send across to me the most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary: €800 - €1000 per day