Upload your CV
Upload your CV to our database.
Head of Platform Engineering, Head of Engineering, DevOps, Still Hiring
We’re looking for an exceptional Head of Engineering to join this newly formed team in Central London. They’re focussed on building a world class team of motivated and passionate multi-discipline technologists. Sharing the vision to continuously improve, support one another and have an eagerness to learn. Operating as a high functioning and performing team to drive the product development through effective technology and innovation.
They are offering the world’s first end to end digital platform within this industry. Made up of a suite of tools for trade that connect to create efficiencies and digitise workflows. They’re bringing true digital transformation to these global industries.
What you will do:
As head of Platform Engineering you will be leading a team of dev ops engineers on a day to day basis. You will work closely with the different development teams, along with other functions such as app support, to understand their goals and requirements and plan accordingly .At the same time, you will be working on longer term strategic initiatives, such as frameworks and technology, that will apply throughout all the development teams and will increase quality and efficiency .You will understand where effort needs to be spent for maximum business value return whilst concurrently building for the future. You will be a solid communicator with a passion to deliver change for the better -you will work with other managers and the leadership team to bring them on board with your vision and be relentless in your drive for delivery and improvement.
· Lead a team of skilled DevOps Engineers, and create a set of key measures to assure quality and control of engineering capability and performance
· Work closely with the development teams to enable them to manage their integration and delivery pipelines
· Contribute to the design, build and operational management of a highly scalable, secure and available infrastructure SaaS platforms, ensuring that it can operate 24×7
· Define a technology roadmap with deliverables focus on the continued improvement of the supported solutions and empowering a DevOps culture
· Create tools and automated workflow capabilities to enable our software engineers to test and promote code across the different environments and into production with maximum velocity
· Work tirelessly to reduce or remove bottlenecks and inefficiencies in the SaaS ecosystem
· In collaboration with the product teams, work to reduce or eliminate manual or repetitive tasks
· Provide support during out of hours and on call as required by the business
· Proven management track record
· Excellent internal customer service, communication, and coordination
· Great understanding of DevOps principles and experience leading a team of DevOps Engineers
· Significant experience of running services in Azure
· Experience of Automation/Configuration management tools as well as working in a continuous delivery environment, monitoring, and tooling
· Azure, Kubernetes, TeamCity, Octopus, Azure Dev Ops
This is a highly successful and progressive organisation which offers good career progression. The successful candidate’s will receive a salary between £80,000 – £100,000 + Great Benefits