Platform Engineer – finance – Remote/Nottingham
Day rate: £600 – £900 (inside IR35)
Duration: 3 – 6 months
DevOps mature professional to join our Engineering team. This is great opportunity to work in an established team on a DevOps journey.
Using the latest engineering tools, you’ll be helping to drive a ‘cloud first’ strategy on a scaled agile project. You will be involved in the full software lifecycle, working within an agile team who are responsible for deploying production application stacks for our evolving flagship cloud hosted platform.
You will be working closely with software engineers and site reliability engineers and must have strong team collaboration skills; you will need to be passionate about automation & the DevOps movement.
The candidate should confidently understand the benefits of infrastructure as code (and the associated disciplines it requires), along with having significant experience of the majority of established tools and technologies.
What you’ll be doing
Required Skills and Experience
- Strong Kubernetes skills (EKS, OpenShift)
- Configuration management tools – Ansible, Terraform
- Linux administration: Redhat
- Continuous integration tools – Jenkins
- Monitoring systems – Splunk, Zabbix, Grafana
- Release management – Git Flow
- Version control systems – Git
- Cloud technology – AWS, Azure
- Tools – Hashicorp Vault, Kafka
- Lateral thinking, reverse engineering, good problem-solving skills
- Obsession for good documentation: using confluence to log changes, write procedures and instructions
- Programming skills and have strong interest in DevOps, Systems Engineering or Build and Release Engineering
- Work closely with the development team to bring new software releases to production more effectively
- Develop and deploy OSS tools for use within the Cloud Operations group
- Develop, deploy and manage a highly scalable and high-availability platform which monitor and maintain service performance and availability metrics
- Automate everything from deployment, monitoring, management and incident response – treat ‘Everything as Code’
- Collaborate with developers to bring new features and services into production
- Assist identifying and mitigating security threats to comply with a strict security compliance
- Develop and improve operational practices and procedures
- Produce high-level design documentation where required
- Innovation in all areas- people, process, technology.
- Ensure close collaboration between Development and Operations, enabling smoother operation between team.
Job Reference: JO-2207-257120
Salary: £600 - £900 per day
Salary per: day
Job Duration: 3 - 6 months
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Industries: DevOps and Cloud Jobs
Job Locations: Greater London
Job Types: Contract