Senior SRE – c£95k
About the Role
We are proud to be partnered with Europe’s leading community for sharing, printing and personal publishing with over 30 million members.
In the past 6 months, this company has grown twofold and has big plans to continue scaling in the U.K. and internationally. On top of this, they’re also on the verge of a giant merger, creating a continental giant in bespoke online photography and gift services.
They are currently on the lookout for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to optimise their Web and eCommerce platform infrastructure.
Tech stack: AWS | Kubernetes | Docker | Ansible | EKS | Jenkins | Lambda
Ideally, they would like someone in the office 1-2 days per week (Central/West London Office Location)
Roles & Responsibilities
- Contribute to the design, build and operational management of a highly scalable, secure and available infrastructure that enables the environment to operate 24/7
- Ensure that the infrastructure platforms are secure and can scale rapidly to support growth in the volume of transactions during periods of peak business.
- Limit or eliminate exposure to single points of failure
- Create tools and automated workflow capabilities to enable our software engineers to test and promote code across the different environments and into production with maximum velocity
- Work to optimise the cloud spend in order to push costs, and in particular unnecessary costs down
- Work with Engineering and Architecture teams on solution design, capacity planning and performance
- Excellent hands-on Linux and AWS experience
- Strong experience of Docker & Kubernetes, including managed platforms such as EKS
- Strong experience of CI/CD systems such as Jenkins, Gitlab or GitHub Actions
- Strong experience with Serverless technologies including Lambda, DynamoDB and/or their other providers’ equivalents
- Experience of Automation/Configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef & Puppet
- Experience of monitoring and alerting services such as Sensu & Prometheus/Grafana
- Knowledge of log aggregation solutions such as Elasticsearch, Splunk or equivalents
- Knowledge of Application Performance Management (APM) tools such as NewRelic, AppDynamics or Dynatrace
- 15% Bonus
- 25 days of holiday a year (excluding public holidays) increasing with tenure
- 2 weeks out of the year to work remotely abroad
- Healthcare, dental and life insurance
- Season ticket / Cycle to work / SmartTech scheme
- Huge discounts
- Choice of MacBook/PC
- Flexible working
- Market-leading maternity and paternity policies
- Regular social events
If you are interested in this position, please don’t hesitate to send me your CV or give me a call for a completely confidential chat about this role, or any of the others we’re working on.
I look forward to hearing from you!
Job Reference: JO-2111-248789
Salary: £80000.00 - £95000.00 per annum + 15% bonus, pvt health, flexi
Salary per: annum
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Industries: DevOps and Cloud Jobs
Job Locations: Greater London
Job Types: Permanent
Job Skills: AWS, Cloud, DevOps, engineer, Site Reliability, sre