Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides Level 2 support, Coordinates problem resolution among a variety of functional areas and provides subject matter expertise support for diagnosing and resolving problems
- Maintaining inventory and troubleshooting of IT infrastructure
- Configuring, implementing and monitoring our clients applications using tools like – Ansible, TeamCity, Octopus, Zabbix, OpsGenie and others.
- Configuring, implementing and monitoring of VMware
- Acts as the technical liaison between IT teams, engineers and stakeholders, providing critical operational insight to upcoming implementations and strategies, including validation of ongoing solutions supportability.
- Managing active IT incidents and driving the root cause to the closure.
- Responsible for creating and implementing system enhancements that will improve best performance and reliability of the system.
- Troubleshooting systems and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational difficulties.
- Perform changes to OS, databases, applications, servers, storage as well as backups
- Be a part of 24×7 team to perform all maintenance operations globally.
- Be a leading contributor, as an individual and as a team member.
- Working with application developers on deploying production application configurations, automation and maintaining application configuration on ongoing basis.
- Providing application related training and assistance to other IT operations departments Integration Operation Center and Developers on the new technologies.
- Integrating solutions with other applications and platforms based on engineering requirements.
- Leading or providing technical direction for the planning, designing, and execution of testing efforts.
- Developing, maintaining, recommending, documenting, and supporting tools and back-end utilities to provide capacity planning management.
- Ensuring compliance with policies, procedures and standards
- Managing small to medium sized projects according to agree upon budgets and schedules.
- Maintaining confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the network.
- Other duties as assigned.
Competencies, Skills, and Experience
- Communicate effectively in English, both oral and written form.
- Provides quality customer service above else; ensures an understanding between customer and IT to help providing workable solutions.
- Customer oriented mind-set with good ability to manage customer expectations.
- Strong analytic, conceptual and problem-solving abilities with attention to detail.
- Flexible and able to adapt to operational requirements and priority changes.
- Self-motivated, team player, tasks coordination, action Adapt to changes in technology and results oriented.
- Well organized, good communication and reporting skills.
Key Technical Requirements
- Knowledge of Infrastructure as a Code
- Experience working with Ansible
- Understanding of Continuous Integration and Deployment processes
- Someone who’s capable of maintaining the local inventory
- End user support on both Mac and Windows
- Experience working on Linux Ubuntu and Windows Server OS
Experience in one or more database platform (PostgreSQL, MySQL, or MS SQL)
Job Reference: JO-2003-157839
Salary: £40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
Salary per: annum
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Industries: DevOps and Cloud Jobs
Job Locations: Greater London
Job Types: Permanent