VMware Engineer (Freelance Contract) – Banking Client – Brussels
Duration: 9 months
Rate: Flexible rate
Hybrid Working – 3 days per month onsite, the rest can be worked remotely
The Virtual Infrastructure Services team is committed to bring the best computing experience to our internal clients (platforms, office and business applications) via innovative virtualized services through its Converged and Hyper-Converged infrastructures.
We are looking for an enthusiastic new member for our “Virtual Infrastructure Services” team that wants to share his/her passion for IT technology and automation with the team.
This position is centered on the management, support and evolution of the Converged (Vxblock) and Hyper-Converged (Nutanix) infrastructures, Storage Area Network, Backup and Archive Solutions and Hypervisor technology (VMWARE) in a 24/7 production environment.
One of the primary goals of the Compute virtualisation engineer role will be to design and build automation solutions for the virtual infrastructure services offered by the team in order to reduce manual efforts and increase team efficiency.
Your part of the deal :
- Write/Troubleshoot scripts to automate the virtual infrastructure services
- Design, document, test and implement automation workflows. Perform flow maintenance once the solution is up-and running in production.
- Define and maintain standards for automation and orchestration within the team
- Propose harmonization of existing automation developments.
- Ensure existing automation flows are accommodated to satisfy new work requests.
- Support and align with the Infrastructure as a Code approach
- Create solutions based on REST API
- Take part in the Day-to-Day service support (incident, alerts, changes, …);
- Provide on-call support during out-of-business hours (24/7 watch duty);
- Take part in the disaster recovery management for the virtual infrastructure (RDR, SWAP, LDR, …);
- Offer consulting services to “OS” teams (Windows, Linux, Office, Tandem, Mainframe), projects and other customers
- Support the private cloud strategy in the organization.
Soft & Technical skills required
- You are passionate about automation and DevOps
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in software development, service engineering or service operations
- Knowledge and experience in Ansible & Tower and Powershell
- Hands-on technical experience creating process automation scripts using Python, REST APIs
- Experience with management of VMware virtualization environments
- Experience with Nutanix hyper-converged infrastructures is a plus
- Experience with converged infrastructures (Vxblock) is a plus
- Experience with storage infrastructure management (VMAX, VNXe, SRDF, CLOUDIQ) is a plus
- You are fluent in English, knowledge in French or Dutch is a plus
- Working experience in an agile context
- Drive and energy, entrepreneurial attitude, hands-on mentality
- Open to work in a fast moving technical and human environment
- Able to quickly diagnose system problems and implement solutions to restore functionality
- Continuing to perform efficiently during difficult situations characterised by great pressure;
- Be analytical
- Good collaborator with others as part of larger team;
- Open to change and evolution;
- Be able to work with strict deadlines and handle complex situations;
Please do send across an up to date CV to email@example.com
Job Reference: JO-2212-329347
Salary: €600 - €700 per day
Salary per: day
Job Duration: 12 months
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Industries: DevOps and Cloud Jobs
Job Locations: Europe
Job Types: Contract
Job Skills: 24/7 production environment., Backup and Archive Solutions and Hypervisor technology (VMWARE), Converged (Vxblock), Hyper-Converged (Nutanix) infrastructures, Storage Area Network, vmware