Big Data QA Engineer – Newbury
Competitive Salary +bonus+benefits+package
Big Data / Test Automation / DevOps / Spark / Yarn / Hive / Quality / QA / Scala / Python / Agile
Salt are proud to announce their partnership with one of the biggest brands in the game, my client is looking for a ambitious, creative and focused Big Data Engineer to join the offices in Newbury.
You will be apart of some of the most stimulating, complex and interesting projects, be amongst some fantastic colleagues and using the most cutting edge technologies known.
As the ideal candidate you will need to have the following qualities and attributes:
- Review the code produced by Data Engineering to load the necessary data from local and group sources onto the shared platform that are necessary for analysis and for commercial actions;
- Review the code produced by Data Engineering to building Big Data applications. The applications will have to be “fit for purpose” to work as designed and efficiently manage and manipulate large volumes of data, for the ingestion in the Big Data Platform and the Use Case engineering.
- Define, build, automate, execute testing for code in an agile practice and according to the sprint planning.
- Comply with the framework and Dev/Ops approach defined by the Big Data Platform central team which defines the QA strategy, tools, ways of working to be applied in every Local Market.
- Ensure that Data Engineering produce high performing and stable applications to perform complex processing of massive volumes of data in a multi-tenancy Hadoop environment
- Guarantee the quality of end-to-end applications (through review and testing) that make use of large volumes of source data from the operational systems and output insights back to business systems
- Proactively work with the Data Engineering (and data extraction) team as one squad to ensure the right quality checks are in place at the various stages of the Data Integration
Skills / Experience Required
- Proven background as an expert Big Data QA Engineer
- Test automation and Dev/Ops experience.
- Extensive experience of reviewing code quality for Big Data Applications
- Previously defined, built, automated and executed testing for code in an agile practice
- Expert level experience with using Spark, Yarn, Hive and Oozie;
- Strong Python and Scala programming ability;
- Working knowledge of HBase, Solr, Kafka and Flume
- Must have experience working in large-scale multi tenancy Hadoop environments;
- Experience with Unix-based systems, including bash programming
- Experience with other distributed technologies such as Cassandra, Solr/ElasticSearch, Flink, Flume would also be highly advantageous
Please don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity by contacting me on 0203 675 5021 or email@example.com
Job Reference: JO-1709-127523
Salary: £45000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + bonus+benefits+package