Lead Wintel Infrastructure Architect – Contract | Sunbury | 6 months
Lead Architect is the subject matter expert and architecture lead for Windows 2003 Remediation Task Force, including responsibility for overall remediation roadmap, treatment options, treatment decision tree, treatment plan determination, exceptions management, and coordination with segment architects and delivery teams to ensure effective remediation of windows 2003 estate. Further, this role will develop patterns and methods for ongoing remediation of end of service products like Windows 2008, SQL Server, etc.
This person must be comfortable operating as an individual contributor and as part of a task force to ensure successful remediation of all windows 2003 estate. There are many application owners, delivery teams, and other stakeholders. This role will require the ability to lead in a “federated way of working” environment.
- Develops and maintains Windows 2003 remediation roadmap across 2000 applications and servers.
- Collaborate with delivery teams to make sure roadmap items are scheduled and delivered as part of the program.
- Provide thought leadership and communication remediation options across the delivery teams, application owners and other stakeholders.
- Provide a decision tree so segment teams can determine treatment path for each application instance in a consistent fashion. Continuously improve the decision tree based on learnings from the remediation.
- Provide leadership to manage exceptions. Given the tight timeline, almost all exceptions should be handled in real time and sense checked with program manager later on in a more systematic fashion.
- Work closely with delivery teams to gauge delivery speed and adjust treatment options and decision tree accordingly to enable successful remediation (e.g. working out alternative treatment path like an IME in Europe). We anticipate we will need to make many tactical decisions in real time (i.e. very quick turnaround time to move things forward).
- Build and sustain credible relationships through liaison with segment architects, technical specialists, application managers, and delivery teams.
- Provides hands-on advice to management and project teams; review designs to ensure the right treatments are applied. Provides hands-on guidance in support of treatment plan decision. answering this might include answering technical and procedural questions for application owners; coordinating meetings to come up with treatment options; traveling to regional data centers to meet application owners/teams.
- Enhances Windows 2003 Task Force reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value.
- Ability to inspire change across the organization and create a sense of urgency to remediate windows 2003 estate efficiently and effectively.
- Minimum requirement of four-year college degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent experience
Essential experience and job requirements
- Experience working in geographically dispersed organizations;
- In-depth technical skills to perform effectively in a hybrid environment with multiple datacenters and multiple public cloud service providers. Strong background and/or ability to learn Cloud technology (AWS, Azure)
- A highly-motivated self-starter. Must be able to maintain focus on achieving results, whilst being patient and pragmatic
- Must be an intelligent, articulate and persuasive leader who can serve as an effective member of the task force, who can communicate security remediation options to both technical and nontechnical colleague to overcome roadblockers.
- Experience working in an Agile or DevOps environment
Desirable criteria & qualifications
- Lead architect position experience desirable.
- Generates enthusiasm among team members.
- Works effectively with distributed team members
- Proactively seeks opportunities to move things forward.
- Collaborates with and influences others not in direct line
Job Reference: JO-1801-130664
Salary: £650 - £700 per day