LEAD INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER (LONDON) – Digital – AWS VPC, VPN, Windows Server, Linux
Rate: £500 – £600 per day
Length: 6 months
The Lead Infrastructure Engineer will be fully responsible for the Infrastructure stack that powers the global software platform. The client has a broad and varied tech stack and a talented and passionate team.
Their architecture is composed of a mix of java and open source technologies, a significant data warehouse stack running on clustered MS SQL2016 AO technology and a Tableau reporting front end and several EMR/Hadoop Clusters for high level processing of complex data sets.
The Lead Infrastructure Engineer will work in an environment with a very large data set and get close to big data in action and in production.
This is a wide-ranging and challenging role for an experienced engineer with a strong multi discipline systems administration background and proven success delivering technical solutions.
- Be our principle infrastructure technician, leading from the front but with firm hands on.
- To own all aspects of the Health/Availability, Performance, Security and Scalability of our infrastructure stack.
- To be the ultimate escalation point for any infrastructure issues, working closely with the rest of the team to resolve quickly.
- Manage our multi-site AWS implementation from perimeter through to low level services and be accountable for it end to end. Managing network and security elements of this infrastructure is core to the role, so demonstrable experience a must.
- Manage and scale multiple systems and technologies within AWS environments including Linux and Windows EC2 hosts, S3, EBS, EMR/Hadoop Clusters, Always on Availability Group SQL2016 Clusters, MySQL, RDS, IPSEC/VPN, Routing, DNS, Active Directory, Kafka/Zookeeper messaging services, Tableau Server Clustering and more.
- Work collaboratively with support and product development teams to identify approach to delivering changes, identify dependencies, and managing risks.
- Ensure all deliverables meet required high-quality standards.
- To have a good understanding of DevOps culture and the benefits this can bring in delivering SaaS solutions.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: LEAD INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER (LONDON)
- Strong and confident communicator at all levels.
- Significant experience managing a core Production infrastructure that delivers SaaS or business services 24×7 to global businesses.
- Strong AWS Networking experience – VPC, VPN, Peering, Security – AWS certified security professional a bonus.
- Windows Server and Linux Administration/Clustering/Availability.
- Sound understanding of SQL Server 2016 Administration (Always On Availability Groups).
- Solid grounding in Information security principles and governance including but not limited to ISO and SOX standards.
- Able to articulate technical issues to none technical stakeholders but get into the technical detail where required with other tech team members.
- Experience of working closely with application developers and using DevOps tools such as Ansible, Tower, Jenkins.
- Experience High availability and Disaster recovery in AWS.
- Backup and data retention strategies.
- Possess excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, the ability to multi task, manage ambiguity and collaborate across teams.
- Understanding of software development methodologies a bonus.
Please do send across to me the most up to date copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org