SQL Developer (Need to have very strong TSQL experience) – Broadcasting – TSQL/ T-SQL, SQL server 2014, Agile, Agile, CI/CD – London
Length: 6 months
Rate: £500 – £600 per day
I am currently working with a Global Broadcasting business based in London who are currently looking to hire an exceptional SQL developer who has exceptional reporting skills for a new long-term project.
The SQL Developer (Reporting Developer) with excellent TSQL / T-SQL experience to join the product development team, responsible for creating and maintaining business critical systems that are used to forecast and predict the value of ad space before booking and tracking the sales of that ad space.
As part of that Product Team, you’ll work closely with business customers, while delivering on incremental use cases that give direct business benefit.
Responsibilities: SQL Developer (Reporting Developer) – Broadcasting – TSQL/ T-SQL, SQL server 2014, Agile, Agile, CI/CD – London
- Working to complete a major transformation project to develop SSRS reports with data warehouse supporting major Commercial system changes.
- Designing, developing, implementing and maintaining a set of reports using SQL Server
- Reporting Services (SSRS 2016) against data warehouse views and cubes. The reports will be rendered in HTML, PDF and Excel.
- Designing Excel 2016 templates to handle SSRS output and possibly coding in VBA to support end-user manipulation of the Excel data.
- Working closely with stakeholders to determine reporting requirements, perform analysis to understand the development tasks required, and provide time estimates for delivery.
- Converting specifications into reports.
- Working with our established pattern for report development including parameter handling and calling stored procedures on the data warehouse.
- Designing the layout of reports and spreadsheet and determine the best way to present data to end users.
- Creating and maintaining support documentation and wikis
- Preparation of test plans, test cases and test scripts for the testing of software component(s), to company guidelines and standards.
- Providing technical support on the ATS SSRS reports by responding to queries regarding errors, problems, technical questions and new work requests
- Providing training to users and technical support staff as required
Technical skills required: SQL Developer (Reporting Developer) – Broadcasting – TSQL/ T-SQL, SQL server 2014, Agile, Agile, CI/CD – London
- Required: T-SQL / TSQL experience needs to be ADVANCED – other you will really struggle in this role.
- Required: Experience of writing reports using SSRS and writing SQL to query data from data warehouse views and stored procedures.
- Required: Experience of developing robust end-user Excel spreadsheets to manipulate data
- Required: SQL Server 2014 or 2016
including pivot tables, macros and coding in VBA.
- Required: Evidence of data base design with data modelling skills, entity relationships, efficient and correct use of keys, indexes, foreign keys, normalisation and normal forms.
- Required: Evidence of significant writing of optimised, performant SQL either as part of a data tier application such as a data warehouse, or to support a major application. This will include stored procedures, functions, views.
- Required: Working with Kimball design methodology, snowflake and star schemas.
- Required: Extensive use of Integration Services (SSIS) as part of a data warehouse or similar to manage the processing of data.
- Required: Evidence of debugging existing code and tracing data problems.
- Required: Evidence of refactoring for performance tuning and other optimisations.
- Nice to have: Use of Enterprise Edition features of SQL Server
- Nice to have: Experience of Analysis Service (SSAS), design, set up and configuration of cubes, both tabular and multi-dimensional.
- Nice to have: Working in an Agile team (formal meaning), sharing work around, picking up “tickets” to work on, pair programming.
- Nice to have: Experience of source code control, writing automated tests, Continuous Integration and Deployment techniques. This may include Redgate SQL Source Control and ReadyRoll tools
Please do send across to me the most up to date copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please do call me on 0207 928 2525
Job Reference: 9736273213
Salary: £500 - £600 per day