Windows / Server Migration Consultant – Banking – vlans, RODCs, VRFs, ipconfig, route, dns, AD sites – Brussels
Rate: €500 – €550
Length: 1-year contract
My client is looking to hire an exceptional Windows / Server Migration Engineer on a long term contract.
The main for the Windows / Server Migration Engineer will be to support Windows Server migrations (re-IP) project at operational level in a complex network environment (several vlans, RODCs, VRFs, etc.).
Windows Network troubleshooting skills required (ipconfig, route, dns, AD sites and trusts relationships, …).
Other duties can be:
- The mission consists on supporting the team on the Windows servers deployment going from customers request validations toward full technical server delivery.
- The team is responsible for the delivery of Windows servers (standalone and clusters ) , ESX Hosts and Virtual appliances.
- The position will involve some knowledge on scripting and deployments solution ( BMC Server Automation ) .
- This position will allow you to be involved in managing windows server lifecycle on a complex and hybrid environment: multi forest – multi domain, DMZ, SAN, links with other platforms such as mainframe, networking elements, covering about 2000 Windows servers and +300 Unix servers. This role will give you the opportunity to work with recent technologies that will require you to continuously develop your experience and skills.
Technical Skills: Windows / Server Migration Consultant – Banking – vlans, RODCs, VRFs, ipconfig, route, dns, AD sites – Brussels
- Several years’ experience in managing and supporting large windows servers environments (Windows 2008 , 2012 , 2016 ).
- Good knowledge of Virtualisation platforms ( ESX preferably ) .
- Experience on using a deployment infrastructure (BMC Blade Logic preferably ).
- Knowledge of clustering and load balancing solutions.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP arch.: DNS, IP, TCP/UDP, subnetting , Vlan , DMZ.
- Knowledge on one or more areas: SAN, MSCS, HLB, terminal services and remote access.
- Experienced on coordinating activities across several teams.
- Able to learn much on a limited period of time, self study oriented.
- Can easily adapt to new circumstances/technologies/procedures.
- Able to handle administrative tasks (as well as interesting technologies).
- Can handle stress.
- Have Good interpersonal skills: good team player.
- Have a good Communication skills required to cooperate with other team members and people from other teams.
- Is Solution oriented/client focused.
- Have a Good analytical skills/problem solving skills.
- Can distinguish the different levels of decision making related to his responsibilities – and tasks.
- Accurate: focus on quality rather than on speed.
Please do send across to me the most up to date copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary: €500 - €550 per day